This is my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
The stealth bikes are truly incredible. Seems like you could build one for less, but that frame and the engineered geometry is hard to match. A bigger seat only makes sense. I was surprised this thing uses 18650 cells.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The stealth bikes are truly incredible. Seems like you could build one for less, but that frame and the engineered geometry is hard to match. A bigger seat only makes sense. I was surprised this thing uses 18650 cells.
Actually the stock battery doesn't. It's LiFePo4 chemistry. They're flat, rectangle shaped cells.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
5 years later, and over 10,000 miles. The only failure to date was a RH swing arm bearing. locally sourced replacement was $16. I bent a rim after hitting a curb one night riding after dark, so I eventually replaced both rims with wider 65mm double wall. The stock 72v 18ah battery is still hanging in there, but it's lost a couple of amp hour, and it's getting pretty saggy, especially in the winter. A new battery is on the top of the list for this year.

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
That is awesome. All I could think of was you buying the bomber when I was getting the turbo levo. Hope mine does as well as yours has for you

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That is awesome. All I could think of was you buying the bomber when I was getting the turbo levo. Hope mine does as well as yours has for you
Good luck Paul. Hope you'll have a great experience with it.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I've recently acquired a matt black Sonders X with air shocks and 48v17.5ah battery. Its not the fastest bike but I'm pretty happy with it and it has more range than I can handle.40-50 miles

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've recently acquired a matt black Sonders X with air shocks and 48v17.5ah battery. Its not the fastest bike but I'm pretty happy with it and it has more range than I can handle.40-50 miles
Cool, if you Facebook I recommend you join the Sondors owners group and see what 8000 other people have done to theirs.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StormOwnersGroup/

I've turned mine into a sort of XPlus. It has a 30ah battery, and a 750w motor.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I like what you've done with it. I've only done a few mods so far. Suspension seat post and seat, cruiser bars and stem, and a rear rack. Plus a light and mirror.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I like what you've done with it. I've only done a few mods so far. Suspension seat post and seat, cruiser bars and stem, and a rear rack. Plus a light and mirror.
There's tons of possibility's for the Storms, they're so easy to work on, and there's lots of aftermarket parts for them.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I had to do quite a lot of work to the Storm to get it like I wanted it. Of course that was a lot of fun doing it, and luckily it was easy to do.

The Stealth needed lights, and fenders. Everything else I've done to it was just for fun. I've never felt the slightest need for more power. It's probably the first bike I've ever owned that I could say that about.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This after installing my new shorter shock the seat height dropped about 2". Also this is the debut my new seat, and handle bars.