Summer contest

GoldenMotor.com

toyota4x4

Apr 9, 2008
for my build i am going to build the frame out of three diffrent bikes. i will also make it a full supeson bike with the 80cc engine kit. i will make part of the frame hold gas so that it will look like i dont have a gas taink on the bike. it might sound crazy but i think that i can do it.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Now that will be a cool motorized bicycle. I wish I could draw like you can. I can only see what I want to do in my mind. I can't put it on paper like that............

toyota4x4

Apr 9, 2008
Today I cut up a BMX bike because it has a tube with a large diameter; this will be what my seat is going to be attached to. It will be part of the gas tank and the coil over shock will be attached to it. I also converted the back end of a mountain bike that originally used a 24" tire so that I can use a 26" tire. For this I wanted to keep the petals attached to the rear tire so I cut off everything except where the petal attached to the rear of the bike. I did not cut the petals off so that I would not have to align them later. I wanted the bigger tires so I will get a higher top speed. The reason why I will have a higher top speed is because one rotation of the sprocket rotates the big tire once. And if you have a bigger tire and a smaller sprocket then it takes less rpm’s at the driven sprocket.

toyota4x4

Apr 9, 2008
Today i took the engine and bolted it on to a different bike. i marked where the engine bolted on. i then took the engine off the frame and welded a bar connecting the two bars that the engine bolts on to. i did this because i want to have the two bars be straight so that when i line the engine sprocket with the rear sprocket on the tire i won’t have to deal with two separate bars. Today i also put my 35 tooth sprocket rear sprocket on the rear tire a good tip for doing this is to use a telescoping magnet to get the hardware on the bolts and a impacted wrench to tighten the bolts.

toyota4x4

Apr 9, 2008
Today i took the engine that was bolted on the v part of the frame. i lined up the engine with the rear sprocket and welded it on. When i spun the rear tire the chain fell off at a high speed to the left. The sprocket that i bought could be flipped so that it stuck out. i flipped the sprocket and the chain stayed on. It took a long time for me to get the engine straight because i did not have a jig or any thing like that. Once i had it welded the v on i did not think that it would be strong enough so what i did was weld a bar connecting the three bars together. Once i did that i cut the neck off another bike. the neck as i call it is the part under the handlebars that allows the front forks to turn right and left. i used this for the pivot on my swing arm. What i had to do was weld the pivot on to the front bar attached to the frame then i had to weld two bars on each side of the pivot. The two bars then had to weld on to the neck that the front fork goes through. It is hard to explain so i will post a pick.

[/IMG]

toyota4x4

Apr 9, 2008
after this i had to make the gas tank what i did was i used a die grinder and a bench grinder to notch the bar so that it will fit nice on the neck. i then notched the other end of the bar so that it will fit on the bmx tube. what i mean by fit is that the opening of the tube touches the other tube so that i can weld it without having a gap. so i welded the first bar on the neck and the bmx bar to the one that is connected to the neck.

the shock that i have is off a mini quad. it is so that it bolts on the top and the bottom what i did was get two thick peaces of metal the same length and drilled a hole in them both at the same time so that the holes will be straight. i welled them on making sure that the shock fit in between them.
i then took a square bar and cut it in half so that i can weld that to the frame drill holes in them and put the shock on. my bike was almost ready to run so i decided i wanted to test it out. i put the grips on the ignition box on exhaust exc. one problem i had was the carb did not fit with stock manifold so i had to make my own. what i did was make a flange out of sheet metal and weld a bent bar on so the carb stuck out the side. the tank was not done so i rigged up a water bottle for the gas tank. i did this because i already cut up the other gas tank for the petcock and cap.

i took it for a ride and it worked!!! it was slow but the engine was not broken in yet so that is normle.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Me and you think alike, thats close to like the one i built. I wish i had taken pics of it. i only used two bike's though. is that a 6inch travel shock? that what i used. I had a hard time keeping the chain on during full compression of the shock. have fun :ride2: