oh darn engine mods led to more issues..lol

GoldenMotor.com

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
let me start by saying i have built 2 of these little bikes both with the same black stallion engine kit.
they run great. on my bike after 30 miles of riding in 3 days a rear mount stud sheared off in the block.so i figured it was a fine time to modifiy it since it was off the frame for the new stud repair.
i notched the piston,ported the intake tube and the intake port aswell as the exaust and exaust pipe.
i fiddled with the carb a bit too.
i noticed an imediate differnce in the bikes performance it accelerated so smooth and was a ton more responsive.i was happy but sometimes i look for more so i was like let me find the top speed hahaha
as soon as i worked out the fule foaming issue well kinda its still an issue i went for it.i managed to hit 34 mph going slightly uphill and it was still climbing with a ton of vibration and bang! the front mount stud sheared of in the front frame mount lolol i cant win.
the extreme vibration was caused by my solid mount i made in the rear for the repair no fault to the motor or the bike but it was my own. i would like to add the the other bike is going strong and hit 38mph smoothly with little or no vibration and all i did to that one was tinkered with the carb it still does not pull as hard as mine though.

any ideas in the studs? does anyone know if ARP makes studs or bolts this small anyone else have this issue? oh and i know i should not go this fast on the street i was in a closed area and i am more comfortable at 25-27 mph but i wanted to see the max just to see.

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
yea man i can relate ive built 27 bikes for other people and ive been riding mine for about 2 years now and let me tell you there no more stock mounts on there and im hitting 38.8mph on a regular ive got a dax 80cc with cns carb and sbp expansion chamber fastest ive gone was 40 according to my gps but whos to say thats right now i have a speedometor and goin strong runnin 35:1 oil ratio but all is well so good luck and dont let the man get you down lol keep truckin or bikin whatever

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I would retap the mounts a little bigger for american standards then get some good alen bolts that way you will get a good tight mount with no worry about breakage

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
I would retap the mounts a little bigger for american standards then get some good alen bolts that way you will get a good tight mount with no worry about breakage

i tried removing the stud that snapped in the rear and no luck at all, lock tite has it in really snug.
i used a small drill bit and extractor and the extractor broke off inside the hole...doh!
its ok though im ordering another kit for a diffrent bike so i will leave this one as my goof off bike i guess right now i have the motor on and snug but i dont trust it yet.with the new kit i will need a source for good bolts or do i have to retap the new motor aswell to use better quality bolts?

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
A hardware store should have the bolts that are the same size as the stock ones, or you can go a little thicker diameter just to be sure and if you have a tap set that you can do it with. Also if you go with the stock size make sure you get them grade 7 or better.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
The first thing I do when I order a motor is goto the SBP site and order a stud kit, fuel petcock, teflon clutch cable. With the shipping it's about 28 bucks. Will save you a ton of grief. I've checked on the price of buying all these bolts at a hardware and the cost is about the same if you can find all the right ones. The fuel petcock they carry is a high quality chrome ball valve that will never leak. The teflon clutch cable pulls easier and is way stronger.

Sick Bike Parts

Last edited:

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Ah,
I thought it was a special motor upgrade kit for more horsepower or something.
Just a black painted "Jet" motor. They are claiming 4-5 hp on their site.....Really???
Have they actually dyno'ed their motors??? Just another HT motor from the same factory.
I guess it's all in the marketing.

I saw Chromed HT engine close up the other day. Looked all nice and shiney.
I believe chrome retains heat like crazy...not all too wise for an air cooled engine.

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
sbp i will check them out. once agin i changed my mind i ordered a new casing for the motor since its a still a good motor on 22.00 and new bearings just in case aswell as gaskets. i also got a smaller sprocket and a slant head just for giggles hopefully they do something. i can say that the porting and the piston mod made a big difference.

bodydropped

Jul 9, 2009
atlanta
i tried ordering the bolt kit from sick bike parts but for somereson they wont let me use my visa through paypal. any other sites have this kit?