Got a few problems

GoldenMotor.com

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
Ok I just got this bike last week and have ran into a few problems the 1st one is the choke lever vibrates loose, I took the air cleaner and filter off and tightened the nut but it came loose again should I just use some loctite on it?
and 2nd issue it will start and run good but at full throttle about 20mph it begins to bog down and and will not gain anymore speed (engine gets louder), do you think this is a fuel issue or air (carb) issue? Both? I dont know much about these little engines but Im willing to learn. Thanks

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
the choke level can be kept in place with a rubber band. is it on and off at 20mph almost like its governed? or does it jsut seems to be maxed out?

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
the choke level can be kept in place with a rubber band. is it on and off at 20mph almost like its governed? or does it jsut seems to be maxed out?
Its acting like its maxed out, but even more issues now I came home, and started to work on the bike I took off the air cleaner and tightened the choke level but now it wont start, it wont even try to fire. I'm lost I checked all the wires and all looks good. Both fuel switches are turned on right. But still nothing. Please Help!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I cured my choke closing issue by putting a small dimple on the bottom of the choke plate so that it will not pass over the edge of the carb opening unless it is forced by the lever which will cause the plate to slightly spring out and ramp over the edge of the opening and then when the lever is pushed back down it will stay put... this was my fix and it works great on three of my carbs.

The 20 MPH issue sound slike maybe it is running way rich on fuel and 4stroking at WOT been there done that but I could be wrong on this, if it is heres the fix if you have wire gauge bits or know someone who does, it's real easy to solder up the jet and redrill it with the next size smaller wire gauge bit and see if it improves, if your jet is the same as all three of mine it will be a #71 wire gauge size jet, and I soldered mine up and redrilled with a #73 to fix 2 of the carbs and they run great now, they only 4stroke a little when not under a load and then come alive at WOT with a little load on the engine.

Last edited: