Greetings from Atlanta, GA!

GoldenMotor.com

ACRhinehart

Nov 3, 2009
Athens, GA
Like many of you, I've wanted a motorized bike for years. Now that I've finally got a "big boy" job it seems like it might become a possibility. I want to start biking to work since I live so close.

I've been checking out the Spookytooth bikes for awhile now, but I've recently been told by someone (Cheech at Red Rock Cycles in WV) that they are somewhat overpriced and under quality. Can anyone comment on this? he's suggested that I put my own bike together.

Also, I'm wondering if there aren't any motorbicyclists in/around/near Atlanta, GA that wouldn't mind giving me a few pointers? Either this, or perhaps one of you could point me to good Newbie threads or sites. I've never put together a motor before, but I imagine that I can do it with a little direction.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to learning from you all!

Adam Rhinehart

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome Adam to the forum, glad you joined us.

I disagree with that statement about SpookyTooth cycles 100%. SpookyTooth builds some of the best bikes out there. I have ridden many and know so many that have thousands of miles on SpookyTooth motorized bicycles with absolutely zero problems.

This person who made this statement has he ever ridden a SpookyTooth cycles bike? Has he even seen one in person? Has he ever been to there shop and witness the craftsmanship and pride that the builders take on each and every bike? I have had the fortune to compare SpookyTooth bikes against other builders and there not even close to the quality of SpookyTooth bikes. SpookyTooth has years and years of experience building motorized bicycle and if I am not mistaken he was the first to do so. Just my opinion

ACRhinehart

Nov 3, 2009
Athens, GA
Fairracing31: Thanks a lot for the info. I'm glad to hear that they are quality. My father-in-law recently purchased a 48cc SkyHawk engine kit from them to put on his bike. I was wondering whether it would be considered quality.

The Skyhawk engine kit is going fro about $150 on their site. Is this a good model or a good price? What are some of the best brands of engines for the price?

Thanks again for the heads-up.

GoManny

Aug 14, 2009
Bakersfield, CA
About Spookytooth, those guys/gal are great. They handled my part replacement very quickly and were a joy to work with despite the unfortunate incident. I have a Tucson and it is an absolute blast to ride now that the motor is fully broken in.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Adam...Im new to motorbikes to, Im in the progress of putting together my first build. I bought my kit from Spookytooth as well and It was around $170 including shipping. Most of the 2 stroke kits you'll see are almost identical and come from the same factory in china. Once you get your kit you'll get addicted and want to learn more and more. Good luck w/ everything

Cheers
Tcams

ACRhinehart

Nov 3, 2009
Athens, GA
Thanks everyone!

I'm looking to get an engine kit (SkyHawk 49cc) from Spookytooth this week, as well as a single-speed cruiser. I'm going to try my best to put together this bike. I hope all goes well!

Does anyone have any experience with putting a 49cc engine on a single speed? I'm wondering whether it can haul my 6'3", 215lb self up a steady inclined hill? Any pros or cons y'all have run into?

I'd love to see pictures! Thanks!

Last edited:

EliRush

Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
I am also curious about the single speed cruiser, I have my eye on one that is 29". I am 6'4", and finding a good sized bike is tough...but I want to keep the engine size below 50cc for the moped laws.

Getting up a hill is one of the main benefits of having the engine! If I have to get a larger mill I will, but how does the 49cc do with big dudes like us?