Dual metal water bottle gas tank(s)

GoldenMotor.com

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
I want to set up two of these as a fuel tank system on the bike seat post area as an futuristic scuba alternative look rather than the traditional and much-seen front 'tear drop' tank.

Due to the bottle walls being curved I was planing on drilling a 1/8 hole or similar size hole in the very bottom of the bottles, putting rubber washers and dual peacok values and with a Y-valve to connect the fuel lines before heading to the carb. Just clamp to the seat post, fill up the bottles and pop the tops and go!

Any problems with that?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I want to set up two of these as a fuel tank system on the bike seat post area as an futuristic scuba alternative look rather than the traditional and much-seen front 'tear drop' tank.

Due to the bottle walls being curved I was planing on drilling a 1/8 hole or similar size hole in the very bottom of the bottles, putting rubber washers and dual peacok values and with a Y-valve to connect the fuel lines before heading to the carb. Just clamp to the seat post, fill up the bottles and pop the tops and go!

Any problems with that?
Nope, used to use that set-up on stand-up scooters. Biknut has a thread on how he did his.....I'm sure he'll tell ya all about it......

dnut

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle