Front Wheel Brake Drum

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That's a real good price on that wheel!!
You will probably have to find (or make) a oversize strap to attach the drum arm to the Felt fork leg.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You will probably have to find (or make) a oversize strap to attach the drum arm to the Felt fork leg.
Yea I owe azbill a beer for posting that link before. lol

Their shipping is a little steep but it's still cheaper then lacing one up yourself. Think I'm gonna order two to try and save a bit on shipping, one for the cruiser and one for the board track bike I want to build over the winter.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Yeah Venice,

I am having a problem with the brake arm strap. The one that comes with the kit is very small/ I need at least an inch and a half front brake strap.

Anyone in the forum had a fix for this front brake arm strap problem...

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
nope...I used a drum on the stock jag forks and, am still using it on my springer :)
it's simple bolt on !!! :)
Hello,
What is the fork diameter of your Jag..I think it should be the same with Felt. Mine did not bolt on as the brake arm strap the comes with it is too small..

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have used the wheel on 3 different bikes and 4 different forks
when it was mounted on the haro mtn bike with fat forks, I used a piece of thick hose to fill the space between fork and arm and hose clamped it
I used a good clamp for high pressure hose, not a cheapie from ace :)

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
sturmey archer even makes a hub with a generator in it too, outputs 3w or something like that, I am thinking of using one on my MB, the white wire lights I have on it now seem to bog my engine a bit, nice find on the wheel though, from what I've heard those hubs are very durable

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I just got one of these drum brake wheels!AWESOME!Got it strapped!just have to run the cable.was hoping to find some close up pics