which 80cc engin to buy?

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
buy somthing with a good warranty.. tho I think a Grubee or PK80 would probably be best... both usually come with a warranty from a reputable dealer

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
break in dururation is only listed to be 50 miles IIRC. but I didn't follow the break in procedure, because it was reccomended not to from this site, and the listed break in procedure doesn't make sense, which is just to ride it easy with a 16:1 mix ratio

pistion rings have a sharp edge new, and that is so they can wear into the cylinders.. if you ride it easy, you might not get the rings broke in before the edges go dull, and if that happens, it's time for new rings.. so the recomendation I got was to get it running, and go WOT for a little while to get the rings broke in. after that, just ride it normal and it will gradually get more power as it breaks all the way in...

my engine has 80 miles on it, and I switched to a leaner oil mix at 50 miles.. I did do the 16:1 for the first 50 just because.. but a 20:1 or 32:1 would be ok for break in.. lots of broke engines are running at 100:1 with good oil.. I'm running 32:1 now, because that's what my weed eater takes