New GT2-150 frame 53cc 10G 3-speed shifter

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What size disc and mount are you using KCvale?
I am trying to use a Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic brake on the back but the mount angle is wrong and the 160mm disc is too small.
I used the cable disc brake and 160mm rotor from the donor Fito bike.

I had issues making it work with the internal 3-speed disc brake hub as well.
Since I had to widen the back the caliper mount was off so I bent it to be in-line with the disc.

After that it is just mounting your caliper where it needs to go.

Post some pics of your rear hub and I'll see if I can help but it's really just a disc matter not a frame matter, where the wheel is determines where the caliper has to go which needs a design improvement with the horizontal open back dropouts, but disc brakes have all kinds of different 'in-between' spacer pieces to place the caliper correctly over the disc with adjustments, almost like a Lego set.

2Stroken

Jun 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
I used the cable disc brake and 160mm rotor from the donor Fito bike.

I had issues making it work with the internal 3-speed disc brake hub as well.
Since I had to widen the back the caliper mount was off so I bent it to be in-line with the disc.

After that it is just mounting your caliper where it needs to go.

Post some pics of your rear hub and I'll see if I can help but it's really just a disc matter not a frame matter, where the wheel is determines where the caliper has to go which needs a design improvement with the horizontal open back dropouts, but disc brakes have all kinds of different 'in-between' spacer pieces to place the caliper correctly over the disc with adjustments, almost like a Lego set.
Here I have the wheel back to meet the caliper but the caliper is at the wrong angle. There is very little engagement to the disc.

Here is a pic of the correct angle of the caliper. Notice how far back the wheel is in the dropouts. The mounting holes for the caliper mount are now way off.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What rear hub are you using?
Is the chain on yet?
You adjust the brake after the pedal side is done and I can't tell what you have.

That aside, do you see the 4 silver washer pairs between the bike mount the actual caliper?
Each matched pair is offset some by turning them they can let alien the caliper to the disc both side to side and back and forth.

Again, this is just understanding a bicycle disc brake, they have all kinds of things in the way of alignments and you need to understand them all to do it right.

Anyway, great pics of the brake but lets get the whole picture too with your drive chain on.

2Stroken

Jun 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
What rear hub are you using?
Is the chain on yet?
You adjust the brake after the pedal side is done and I can't tell what you have.

That aside, do you see the 4 silver washer pairs between the bike mount the actual caliper?
Each matched pair is offset some by turning them they can let alien the caliper to the disc both side to side and back and forth.

Again, this is just understanding a bicycle disc brake, they have all kinds of things in the way of alignments and you need to understand them all to do it right.

Anyway, great pics of the brake but lets get the whole picture too with your drive chain on.
Sorry for taking so long to reply. The wheel in the picture is a standard Disc freewheel. The bike is being driven by the pedal chain on the right side. I fully understand the adjustments with the washers on the caliper, this is not the problem. If you look at the second picture you can see how the caliper is suppose to be sitting in order for the disc to enter it at the correct angle. This angle is not possible with the current frame mount. I will have to have a totally new mount machined to get the correct caliper angle. I started mocking up a mount a few weeks ago that would put the caliper in front part of the disc in between the frame. I have just too many other things going on to finish it at the moment.

2Stroken

Jun 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
Just bend your GT-150 frame disc mount, I had to do that.
The left and right alignment is not the problem. It is the angle the disc enters the caliper. Here is a quick image to try to explain. Letter 'A' is showing the disc entering the caliper as is. letter 'B' is showing how it is supposed to enter the caliper. There is simply no way to get 'B' without a new mount being machined.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
You just need a different shaped mounting piece between the bike and actual caliper, and there hundreds of combinations pre-made and you can modify what you have too.

Do you have a local small bike shop nearby?
I live 1/4 mile from one and they are great guys.

They probably have one laying around that would work, take you bike in to see what they think.

sissytrikerider

Jun 25, 2011
buffalo
Is that monarch fork a threaded 1" threaded or 1 1/8 threadless? If the 1" threaded version what headset are you using. Im having a **** of a time finding one to work with the zero stack headset in these frames and already have the forks so im trying to get em to work.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Is that monarch fork a threaded 1" threaded or 1 1/8 threadless? If the 1" threaded version what headset are you using. Im having a **** of a time finding one to work with the zero stack headset in these frames and already have the forks so im trying to get em to work.
1 1/8" thread less.

ru14real

Jan 7, 2016
warrenville
do you need to heat the frame with propane first before bending it into the proper location for the disc to be mounted? Most likly I will have to do the same with my frame