Rebuild 4 Stroke Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
So after having some very bad luck with two stroke engines I decided that I'm going to try my luck with a 4 stroke kit as they tend to be more reliable than 2 strokes as I have come to understand.

Which is unfortunate because I rather liked the look and feel of a 2 stroke engine under my seat, but I wanted to commute so I am gonna try this before I just move on to a moped.

I ordered a ghost racer 7G kit for a fairly nice price. From what I understand it's a pretty good kit.

I'll continue this thread with pics and updates as I go along.

Now.... If this does work I'll be jack shafting this bike eventually, but until then are there any modifications I can make to these little HS engines?

waynestore67

Nov 5, 2010
missisippi
I strongly recommend the Affordable go Karts header/exhaust pipe, and a cheapo china girl NT carb with the Bike Berry billet manifold. It'll run way better, and start easier. Plus the stock HS carb is really problematic.

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
Well here it is! I got my kit yesterday and tossed out most of the parts save for the transmission, and engine. A good buy for $219!

She runs -much- smoother now. With the 4 stroke I feel like I can reliably commute. She cruises about 25-30 topping out at about 35 on a flat surface. Really don't need to peddle much if at all which is great.

I added on some lights. One is 305 lumens I got from my bike shop which is BRIGHT. I mean I can see better using that light than I can using my car's headlights! USB chargeable too which is nice. I drive in the morning before the sun comes up so I need the brightest lights I can get to be seen. Back light is bright too 35 lumens.

I really wish I had built my first bike with a 4 stroke first. After the experience I've had with 2 strokes I am done with them. Anything I build from here on is gonna be 4 stroke.

Attachments

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
My seat I lowered by cutting an inch off where the seat clamp goes, and the seat frame is low up inside the seat. I think I had to re-slot the seat stay. The forks are just spring shocks. I've got a sla batter 12v,7ah behind the saddle bag running my lites. I really like the weight difference in the alum. frame. Yeah I have the old man handle bar setup. Which are just local bike shop. Forks swap meet. I'm thinking of getting this 79cc I seen on eBay that looks like the hs142 big brother!

Last edited: