Aluminum mount

GoldenMotor.com

What does it take to mount it good in the front????

• Why does this happen?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Are bolts Importantant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Micky

Jun 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
I keep breaking the front mounts (2times) and I'm new to this. So I bought this $50(aluminum mount from "custom motored bicycles.com") it was hard mounted, after every thing I read in the forum. Plus it was $50 (so it's got to be good, write) But seriously I have Eli coiled the front mount the last time because I had it rubber mounted the first 2 times, and learned it's better to hard mount it Because they said it's worse to rubber mount it.(because when its rubber mounted, the torque goes to the bolts, & 2 the mounts) So I am mounting it hard mounted with that aluminum mount I bought....Please let me know if this is better??????#$!%!^TG$#^@$*

Attachments

Micky

Jun 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
[email protected] I keep breaking the front mounts (2times) and I'm new to this. So I bought this $50(aluminum mount from "custom motored bicycles.com") it was hard mounted, after every thing I read in the forum. Plus it was $50 (so it's got to be good, write) But seriously I have Eli coiled the front mount the last time because I had it rubber mounted the first 2 times, and learned it's better to hard mount it Because they said it's worse to rubber mount it.(because when its rubber mounted, the torque goes to the bolts, & 2 the mounts) So I am mounting it hard mounted with that aluminum mount I bought....Please let me know if this is better?

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
i have a buddy that is using that mount ,he likes it , it looks good & its from lynn
what more could there be ?
he hasnt broken any mount studs , or the mount its self
he is a big boy & he is rough on his parts

Micky

Jun 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
drn2Thank you For making me feel better, and I'm serious.....Everything I've done (better studs/better mounts/better grade metal)it as not mattered. It just seems like if you bye the write stuff(EXPENSIVE ****)it doesn't matter. That's why I love this forum...........THANX EVRYBODY.................

Micky

Jun 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
I Will let you know how this mount works since this is the second one I have done, and I have sent a lot of $, which has not showed me anything(but also put a lot of time and fab into it as well). Let me know anybody if anything is better then what I'm doing.(I'm pretty sure there is).Thanxxx...................

Micky

Jun 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Thank you For making me feel better, and I'm serious.....Everything I've done (better studs/better mounts/better grade metal)it hdance1as not mattered. It just seems like if you bye the write stuff(EXPENSIVE ****)it doesn't matter. That's why I love this forum...........THANX EVRYBODY.................