ProMcCown's AMF Beach Cruiser.

GoldenMotor.com

HotRodRob

Apr 14, 2013
Western KY
Great color choice. I might have to use that on a later build. You're right it does pop. I bet she turns a lotta heads.

I will be following along this one too. Let us know how you like those monark forks and disk brake.

ProMcCown

Mar 21, 2012
California
Been about 6 months but I finally have an update!

Got a new engine, banana pipe, new CDI, and I'm going to try the BBR tuning spring tensioner.

Spent about 3 hours today piecing the bike back together. The motor is mounted, cleaned the carb/filter and reinstalled it, installed the CDI, and got the clutch/throttle cables installed. The only snag I've hit so far is that the banana pipe is angled such a way that my pedal hits it. Need to figure out how to fix that.

All that's left is the drive train and install the grip onto the throttle.

Pic of the exhaust/pedal conflict:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Hey you might not need a tensioner..always better to run without one if you can. You have a good angle all you might need is a half link? I just picked up the same bike today for the fork... They are very well made bikes..

ProMcCown

Mar 21, 2012
California
Good to know, I'll have to try that when I'm installing the chain, I was using a 40 tooth SF sprocket, but I'm letting my brother use it on his bike. Maybe with the smaller sprocket it will give me even more clearance for the chain, I just remember using the tensioner to guide the chain away from from the lower bar.

caoboy

Sep 3, 2015
modesto
I wish I had my GTAW machine, we could just weld some new washers onto that exhaust flange and rotate it that way..Will it clear the chain/sprocket it once we rotate it? I'm assuming you still need to put the muffler on too.

It might be time for a wide pedal crank..