Clutch Issue, Won't Run! HELLPP!

GoldenMotor.com

Motorized Bike Guy

Jan 4, 2012
Vermont
I have just replaced my clutch pads, and now my motorbike won't start. When I ride it while the clutch is disengaged it is as it should be, but when I engage the clutch, it sounds like its trying to start but then, it'll start to sound like the clutch is halfway out and doesn't try to start anymore. Did I adjust anything incorrectly when I was putting it all back together?
:-||

Motorized Bike Guy

Jan 4, 2012
Vermont
Well to let you all know, I got it running, wooooo! The issue was that I had the wierd screw looking thing holding the clutch plate on to loose. But now there's another issue. When I start it, it'll start like normal, but there is a loud noise that sounds like something inside the motor is hitting it, however, it only does this when the clutch is engaged. If it is idling with the clutch disengaged it will run perfectly. I did switch from a regular chain to a heavy duty one, but if i coast without the clutch engaged and the motor running, there is no noise, so it is only when it is engaged. What is this noise?! Help!

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Engaged, disengaged, the nomenclature can be confused.

A clutch is "engaged" when you aren't touching the clutch controls.

A "disengaged" clutch lets the motor rev and applies no power to the wheel.

Take your clutch cover off and see if something in there is dragging or rubbing the inside of the cover.

Last edited: