Hello. new guy here. help and suggestion welcome!

GoldenMotor.com

steve Wilson

Dec 12, 2009
toronto
Hi, Im steve from ontario, canada. i currently attend the university of waterloo for mechanical engineering.
I just came across motorized bicycles while google-ing cafe racers..
I just had some questions.
what type of bike frame is the best looking and reliable under 200 for a classic board track racer type look?
also, which engine is the most reliable? I have my mind set on a chinese 2 stroke.. but soo many different companies are offering it, i dont really know who to buy from.
thirdly, is there some type of instructional video that can go step by step on installing the engine? I was reading the instruction manual for one of the companies and it didnt seem too clear...

Thanks and I look forward to showing off my bike!

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Welcome to the forum. As far as bikes go you can't go wrong with a decent used mountain bike. As far as engines I can only recommend reading through the forum and see what others are writing about the engine sellers.

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
i use giant brand bikes they are good quality bikes and are pretty tough
what ever you do listen close
GET A BIKE WITH FRONT SHOCKS AND A SEAT SHOCK
if you are going to use it for comuting you will be glad you have shocks, but you cant use a bike with rear suspension.
i found with differant brands of motors its hit or miss no matter what brand it is, sometimes you get a good one sometimes you dont

RIDE ON