Anyone know where I can get this part?

GoldenMotor.com

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I have a 4 stroke with the dreaded Hoot gearbox. 2 minutes into my maiden voyage, she died. Anyone know where I can get a replacement for my toasted final drive freewheel sprocket?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I don't know where you can find a replacement part; but you might seriously consider upgrading to a whole new (& better) gear box; because you will probabbly just have more problems with this one down the road. ;)

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I think you are probably right, but for a little over $50 I got a whole new gear box with a fixed sprocket. So, now I have a new box without the weak point and a bunch of spare parts...

Down the line an upgrade may happen, but I just want to be up and running again soon...:-||

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Shoulda, coulda, woulda spent the extra $50 in the first place. Maybe ?I seen so maney buy the cheep stuff and then turn around and spend more to fix them. Others should be aware of this.....................Curt

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Shoulda, coulda, woulda spent the extra $50 in the first place. Maybe ?I seen so maney buy the cheep stuff and then turn around and spend more to fix them. Others should be aware of this.....................Curt
As much as I want to be up and running on a smooth running and reliable bike, this is also my "develop some mechanical aptitude" project, so breaking and fixing are, in some absurd way, part of the goal...

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep I know been there and done that and still doing it in some sort of way but try and avoid most of it with better quality. But that is perty hard to doe with everything made in China...................Curt
PS Then still try and find a fix for the broken one from one of the companys that sell them and you will have a spare. Maybe when you get a new one you can find out what they used and refix the broken one

Last edited: