bike going slower

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Air filter is dirty thus restricting air flow.

Crud in carb or clogged up fuel filter.

Throttle cable is stretching. (I'm reaching a bit on that one.)

You're gaining a lot of weight by not pedaling.

How are those?

Emerica

Feb 1, 2008
check all of your bolts over, make sure it's still mounted tight to the frame.
Mix ratio?
Chain tension, not loose, not really tight.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
You can also clean the spark gap with a piece of emery cloth or sandpaper. You should also get a feeler gauge so you can set the gap. Available at almost all hardware and auto parts stores. Of course the correct gap setting will vary depending on who you ask. It is one of those things where just about everybody will have a different opinion.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
You can also clean the spark gap with a piece of emery cloth or sandpaper. You should also get a feeler gauge so you can set the gap. Available at almost all hardware and auto parts stores. Of course the correct gap setting will vary depending on who you ask. It is one of those things where just about everybody will have a different opinion.
I use a piece of .032" stainless safety wire to gap plugs. Lots of that scattered around and motor runs better with slightly bigger gap than recommended.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
take your air cleaner cap off and check the brass nut that holds your choke in place . Mine worked loose and the choke flap would slightly close as the engine would increase in revolutions . it will cause you to loose power . Use a little loctite on that nut . Good precaution even if it isn't the real problem .