Brake options for springer front forks?

GoldenMotor.com

boxkite

Mar 3, 2014
Fillmore Indiana
I'm thinking of using a dual springer fork set up on my cruiser. But I'm new to building motorized bikes. I need all the help I can get on how to set up a front brake system for a set up like this. What are my brake options? What's a more affordable set up, disc or drum? can a rim brake be used?
Are monark's the springer of choice for a dual springer? Or are some of the others just as good or better?
If you all would. Tell me how you set up your springer set up. Brakes, and about the cost of what it cost to do your set up. I need all the help I can on this subject because I want to do it right. I want to run a 26"x2.125 tire on it. Witch brings me to my wheel choice. If I go with a disc set up, do I want to use a flip flop wheel or just a free wheel? Does it have to be a 1.75" wheel for the above tire size?
Thank you all for your future help. Lord knows I need it. As I wait for replies, I'll do my best to do some of my own research. Thank you again.

P.S you can fallow my build on the (Motorized cruiser thread ) called (Building Voodoo Child).

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If you have access to a welder, adding V-brake posts is fairly easy. Get them off used parts bikes. Simple, cheap and works great.