I need some pictures...

GoldenMotor.com

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
Hey guys,
If you guys can help me, I would really appreciate it. I would like a close up of the jack-shaft on a Whizzer. I'm doing something similar on my bike, but I wanted to see how Whizzer did it first. Thanks!

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Look up the awesome briggs builds by Msrfan, He welds brackets to the seatpost to take the Wizzer jackshaft.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
jbcruisin is exactly right. Whizzers have a double pulley supported by an arm that attaches to a hole in the rear top of the crankcase, eliminating the need for a jackshaft. Here's a few examples.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Sure, Aleman, it could definitely be called a jackshaft. Just an uncommon (except for Whizzers and Comet Torque-a-verters) configuration. I was actually referring to the regular double bearing supported, mini-bike type as being a jackshaft and the Whizzer type as not, but you are probably technically correct.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Yeah, when I think of jack shafts on motorized bikes I think of the ones that guys put on & they cross over & drive on the pedal chain side of the bike.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
That's cool msrfan, thanks!

Edit: are those a pair of carlisle lighting dart tires on that whizzer? If so, they look to be in good shape, That type is my favorite style of tread

Last edited: