36T Titan Surprise!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
So I've been waiting to weld my stretch frame for weeks(broke right now), and I got bored and decided to throw my Titan on my beach cruiser a Murray Westport. My 2-stroke has a broken muffler stud in it and has been a loud nasty thing for awhile, so off to the shop it goes. Well the Titan fits right in, a little top heavy I must say, but still nice. Had to put the wide pedal cranks on, but still need some pedal spacers to be more comfortable. My Manic adapter only had a 36T sprocket for it. I was worried it might not work so well, but I took the chance on using it anyway, instead of having to put the kit 50T sandwhich style on the wheel. Well I have to say, I was surprised when I first started it up and went for a cruise around the block. It picks up very nicely. I'm a big boy, 250lbs+. So I was afraid it would not have enough torque to start from a stop, but surprisingly enough it has no problem at all. A little slow, but no less than a large van starting off. I will be going up to a 56T eventually to pull a trailer behind, but for this temporary situation I will stick with the 36T, makes the engine RPM less at speed. I usually run around 20 to 25 MPH, no reason to go faster, my town is 9 miles from downtown out to the edge. No reason to hurry. Also this thing is quiet, although I just came from the fork and spoons 2-stroke clutch and a broken muffler, but still... this thing is stealth tech. I can sneak up on people now, before they heard me blocks away even when my muffler was good. Hat's off to a good engine kit, thanks Dax.
.bf.

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
You are welcome TAD.. Super Titans should be back in stock in the next few weeks. The will go fast !! They will sell fast too. Stealth and power !! What an awesome combo !!