cns

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

Not sure what you're asking... I've a CNS but I didn't need the extended intake so I gave it to a friend who did (for his stock NT carb) and it seemed to work well enough on his bike...

I will say that the longer, more convoluted an intake is the more it will hamper performance and the CNS extended intake is a bit sloppy with reduced ID at it's pinch point bends and a faceplate with too small a port... but no more so than the stock kit intakes are.

The CNS carb itself... well... it's a bit hinky and troublesome to get set properly and I'm not quite sure if it's worth the bother over the slightly more expensive Dellorto or Mikuni, but I've got mine working well enough and it's fun to tinker with... which may not be what some want in a carb lol

Here's some discussion about carburetor alternatives if the CNS is the problem;
http://motorbicycling.com/f13/high-performance-dellorto-carb-found-2314.html

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
what are some of the problems you have had with the carb before yout got it working properly? mine seems to work ok if you just open the throttle a hair then once you start to open it up it will bog then wind out for 3 seconds then gurgle then bog, then wind out again then sputter, then bog over and over then you can slow down and open it up a hair again and it will cruise at maybe 15 mph thats it if you try to open it up again it will bog then wind out and repeat what i said before ever experience this?

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
fuji,
I can't speak of the CNS carb, I'm running the stock one. After I got the jet size correct with a good aftermarket aircleaner and CE billet intale(very short), the bike was great, No bog whatsoever. I took that motor and put it on an Aluminum frame MTB, I had to use a "Offset intake due to clearance issues and a stock aircleaner, lost over 3 MPH and throttle response is much slower(Longer intake runner). I'll use it that way for now. Just goes to show that even small changes make a difference.
Mac

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Its way rich, main and pilot, you will need smaller jets.

But first make sure the "choke" is fully closing. Sounds like it may be partially on. Make sure there is slack cable on the plunger or just take it off (the cable) untill you get a baseline tune.

Idle mixture screw all the way in is basically turning the pilot circuit off. A smaller pilot jet is required to fix this.

Not running properly with air cleaner fitted is rich. A smaller main will fix this.

Did you read the manual I linked?

http://motorbicycling.com/f34/cns-19283.html#post185114

My CNS runs great with a .55 or .6 main a .2 or.25 pilot top clip on the needle and the idle mix screw 1.5 turns out.

This is at sea level and 20 to 25C ambient.

Last edited:

Fuji Moto

Jan 17, 2010
Canada
Iassumed it was running rich because the plug was so oily and black, the pilot looks like it is pretty small already and the main is quite large but i thought that was the benefit of this cns? where do you find jets?

Last edited: