Experiences with Dax

GoldenMotor.com

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
My experience with DAX is that you are not considered a customer until AFTER you buy something. I tried to ask a question once about a product they sell and got nothing. I bought the part anyway and was asked to rate the vendor. I did. I voiced my opinion of their customer service. Then was told via email that I wasn't a customer at the time as I hadn't bought anything from them and therefore had no business writing about poor customer service. Why would I buy if they don't answer a simple question. A person comes in your store (virtual or physical) , asks a question about something you sell and they are ignored? Yet you don't deserve a poor review?
BTW, it turned out to be a crappy cheap sprocket that disintegrated after 2 weeks.
WC
I talked to Duane at DAX half a dozen times before buying a kit from them. Every time he took his time and politely answered all my questions. From my experience they treat customers the same before and after a sale.

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Duane has so far provided great customer service. He replaced my clutch handle for free when it broke upon install and he didn't mind answering any of my questions before I ordered one of his 2-stroke kits. His advice was very helpful and turned out to be very accurate.

nemlu7

Dec 25, 2008
malta
For those of you with experience doing business with DAX and their engines, would you please provide your thoughts for someone that is a prospective customer? And does anyone have experience with their warranty service?
Dax goes out of his way to help you out.........everytime!!!!!!!!!!dnut

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
I have only made maybe half a dozen purchases from Duane, but I have been pleased every time. My last purchase was a Titan engine and gearbox. I was very happy with everything from communications to packaging to quality of merchandise.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I just got my package of misc parts from Dax yesterday, very quick! Only had one problem, i got base gaskets instead of head gaskets so I sent him an email and he told me to just keep the base gaskets and he'd send out the head gaskets! Already in the mail to! I got the ups notice in my email this morning! That is awesome customer service!! He will definatly get more business from me. A+++

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Thanks for all the Great Reviews. And.. BTY. I have no idea who WayneC is. As for his complaint, I can not follow it. We warranty all parts and engines that we sell. Period. I help everyone that I can. I can not follow what WayneC is saying or what his complaint is.. Other than he has one. He also Claims he has a part that is broken. I am sure that if it were one of my parts, he would have called and I know I would have sent out a new replacement part, since that is what I do for everyone that buys from us. IF he or she is expecting me to send out a new part bought from someone else , well.. That will not happen. That could be what his gripe is all about. He bought a part from someone else, it broke, and then he called me wanting a new part from me under warrnaty.. Could be.. . I did have a guy a few weeks ago call asking for this.. WayneC... Was that you? O well.. Even though we try to please everyone, there will always be someone that is not pleased. But over the 27 years we have been in business, we please "most" everyone..
I can also tell you this.. We at DAX sell service, and we service what we sell !! Thanks.. And.. Enjoy the ride...

Last edited:

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
one more all the guys here at this site know that dax does a awsome job. i have been ordering parts for over two years now. they have been great!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I would like to say thanks to all my Customers. We at DAX have been in Business for over a Quarter of a Century. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all and also to apologize for Being out of Stock on the Titans. We have been totally sold out but should be back in Stock by the end of next week. The Titans are extremely Popular and sell very Fast. We also have the New Titan XC35 and the Titan XC50S or Super Titan. The Super Titan will have 1/4 horse power more than the Standard Titan or Honda. The XC50S , S for Super. This is a Factory souped up Titan XC50. Not sure what all the factory has done to make it more powerful, but.. It is more powerful and will run away from other 50cc 4 strokes. Also.. All new Titan XC50's will have a proprietary factory Oil Groove at the Rod and Crank area to provide extra oiling and cooling for High RPM usage. No other 4 strokes I know of have this oiling port or Groove. Also.. The Titan XC35 is a 4 stroke Motor to compete with the Honda and Subaru 35cc 4 strokes. The Titan XC35 also comes with a 1 year Warranty. The Titan XC35 is a Reliable and quiet 4 stroke Motor which is 33cc and is for those places where Engine displacement must be less than 38cc. There are a few states that only allow for bicycles to have engines with less than 38cc in order to still be a bicycle. The Titan XC35 even though is smaller and less HP that the XC50 still revs well and will hit the same top speeds as the XC50 motors. Typical HP for the Titan XC35 is around 1.5hp. IT works amazingly well with Chain and Friction Drives. Also works well with DAX Shift-Kit. All 4 Stroke Motors !!!
Exciting Spring season coming up. We will have more innovative products coming for Spring 2010. Enjoy the ride..

aspireonescs

Jan 4, 2010
Saint Marys county, Maryland
dax sold me a sprocket that wasent listed on his page, all i did was ask in the chatbox and he even went out of his way and listed it on his site and had pictures and everything withen 5 minutes of me asking :D all around great experiance. although i wish there was more shipping options, i would gladly (and i normally do) pay for 2 day delivery for everything i buy online. but his shipping costs and comunication is great! will be back for some more parts, i even have my eye on one of those titans hes got over there :)

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
LOL Tom.. I will see what I can do. Warm weather is coming. Also.. I will take the opportunity to let those know that Titan is now back in Stock and Also Super Titans have arrived in limited numbers. I want to see what folks think of a Souped up Version of Titan. Also.. Tom. I have MARS Rods in stock. I will PM you about that. Again. .Thanks everyone.. And.. I am excited that Super Titan is here!!! Enjoy the ride...

jjstanza

Apr 20, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I bought an engine kit from them in December. I finally got around to putting it on the bike this past weekend, when my inexperience caused me to break the clutch lever during install. I called on the outside chance they would help me out. They sent me a new one without any questions, just some installation advice. It arrived 2 days later and I could not be happier unless they came and installed it themselves. They didn't have to replace the lever I BROKE. Their <$10 investment will reap many more dollars in goodwill.

jdbandur

Jul 23, 2010
Florida
I am a new customer of DAX, haven't yet received my motor but I have to say that Duane was extremely helpful in assisting me in choosing an appropriate motor for my bike and had no problems at all answering any and all questions that I had for him. He was extremely polite, well-mannered and even went so far as to make a couple calls for me to help me get the order completed. As a result, they can count on the fact that I will never go anyplace else for anything I might need. The personalized service can't be beat. I don't know the first thing about motors but I do know that if I have a question or a problem that I can call up and get the help I need to get it figured out. Thanks again, Duane!!

- Josh

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hi David.. Sorry it too so long to get you your replacement motor. But I am glad you received it in good order. Make sure to install your kit and motor level this time so that you do not cause any more oiling or hydraulic problems as this may have been what caused the damage to your Titan motor. Enjoy the ride.. Sincerely.. Duane..

Last edited: