Clutch adj

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Besides the clutch cable, how to make clutch catch better? Do I tighten or loosen flower NUT?
Here is a tutorial that will help you. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726
Do not mess with the flower nut until you've read and understand how it works. Generally speaking they seldom need adjustment. The cable adjustment is usually the cause of most clutch problems if you have a Chinese 2 stroke engine.

Always tell us what engine you have when asking for help or advice.
Good luck.

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I will also agree not to mess with the flower nut until you very well understand how everything works... there are ways to make these clutches act more motorcycle like but there is a good chance you won't be able to lock out the clutch once set up... you will definitely need to have a good understanding how these work and a few extra levers to experiment with for this.
Also, not all clutch pucks are created equally, the black rubber ones with the fabric reenforcement have the softest engagement, and they can shed off these tiny pieces of steel wire, I take these out and replace them with the brick red ones or the grayish looking ones. Fred also sells a set of heavy duty clutch pucks that may be worth looking into...