Problem with mounting advanced carb (Video of entire problem as well)

GoldenMotor.com

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
I tell the story on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eB8XJ0BEc0&feature=g-upl

The mounting part was cut by me, because I had a blonde moment.
I am thinking I can JB Weld the carb on and whenever I need it off maybe take off the intake manifold.

Also the "bobber", as I call it, which lets in more full based on how hard I twist the throttel is stuck in the carb and wont go down or come up. I tried on the high side of mild tugging but I felt that I would rip of skin first or break the whole thing even more..

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Order a new carburetor. Yours is toast. Glue won't hold it on the intake manifold.
If I were you I'd order the classic old NT carb. It's proven, easily tuned and will provide you with dependable performance.

Sand the intake mainfold where the carb attaches to rough up the surface then seal the carb throat and intake with a product called SealAll, or any sealant that is formulated for use with gasoline. Most silicone based sealers are not. Check the label before using.
Don't overtighten the clamp. The carburetor is cast aluminum and will break easily if clamped too hard. Good luck.

Tom

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
Order a new carburetor. Yours is toast. Glue won't hold it on the intake manifold.
If I were you I'd order the classic old NT carb. It's proven, easily tuned and will provide you with dependable performance.

Sand the intake mainfold where the carb attaches to rough up the surface then seal the carb throat and intake with a product called SealAll, or any sealant that is formulated for use with gasoline. Most silicone based sealers are not. Check the label before using.
Don't overtighten the clamp. The carburetor is cast aluminum and will break easily if clamped too hard. Good luck.

Tom
Wheres the best place for the classic carb? will it fit perfectly?

I gotta get the cable out of this carb though and its stuck can wd40 help glide it out??

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wheres the best place for the classic carb? will it fit perfectly?

I gotta get the cable out of this carb though and its stuck can wd40 help glide it out??
Most any vendor who are advertisers/sponsors here sell the NT carburetor.

I'm not that well versed on the carb you have but it's apparent that the throttle barrel (slide) is jammed in its bore. WD-40 isn't really a good lubricant. I'd try a penetrating oil.
Maybe someone who is more familiar with your carb can suggest a way to get the barrel out. It's possible you might be able to pry it up from the inlet of the carb if it isn't all the way down. How did it get jammed in like that?

Tom

sergman89

Jul 7, 2012
SC
Most any vendor who are advertisers/sponsors here sell the NT carburetor.

I'm not that well versed on the carb you have but it's apparent that the throttle barrel (slide) is jammed in its bore. WD-40 isn't really a good lubricant. I'd try a penetrating oil.
Maybe someone who is more familiar with your carb can suggest a way to get the barrel out. It's possible you might be able to pry it up from the inlet of the carb if it isn't all the way down. How did it get jammed in like that?

Tom
I appreciate it! Do you have any experience with the throttle barrels getting stuck?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That is a cns carb they are bad about breaking in that area anyway, but cutting did not help. I have both types of stock carbs cns2 and nt, I had to replace the nt because the barrel started sticking. The only way it wouldn't stick was to leave the top loose on the body, but that would be a air leak.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
In the video you can see the alignment pin in the carb is not aligned with the barrel, since the carb is broken anyway remove the bowl and main jet and punch it out saving the cable end.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I just put this carb on a friends roadmaster and I hate it, I dont like the double choke and throttle slid and the cable is so short I dont even need to t urn the throttle it just goes on its own.