Finished the 212cc predator build

GoldenMotor.com

Jfarns03

Mar 18, 2016
Hermosa Beach CA
So finally ive been able to ride my motorized bike. It was built in house by myself with about $260 in parts, material, and the motor. So far ive rode it about three times for id say around a mile. Did its first burnout tonight as well haha Im pretty impressed with the ingenuity that goes into these creations. ive had a blast with it so far and about three of my buddies want their bikes to be converted. Its taken about a week to build ( not counting waiting for parts) Monday , create and fabricate the motor mounts/jackshaft mounts. Tuesday kinda go over the bike change a few things around, create brake mounts, add other things. Wednesday test ride the bike, make sure everything works in unison, dissasemble and prep for paint. Thursday Paint. let it dry! Friday reassemble and back on the road for minor adjusts to brake / throttle. I think this is a simple yet fun project for any sort of gear head. To be honest ive never touched a bike or had any intention on doing this but i had the motor and i had the bike so why not. Hopefully ill be able to put some real miles on it in the future !

Attachments

Bruce Lee

Dec 13, 2010
California
You might want to think about more brakes on that bike along with good wheela and tires.
The 212 hase alot of torque so watch the frame for cracks that may develop.
If you have removed the governer the bike will go alot faster than your brakes can handle.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Congrats on the fast build, however I think a lot of stuff on it looks too weak for the engine. That rag joint will destroy your spokes in under 200mi, probably much less depending on the spoke gauge; the wheel bearings will get torn up, those front brakes ain't gonna cut it... And you'll probably see some frame cracks and pray they aren't in the front triangle. I just had my 2nd crack in under a month with half the hp, fortunately it was in the rear triangle and I could feel it immediately when riding around 35-40mph. The chai stays completely separated from the bottom bracket. My wheels are all double wall aluminum riding on sealed bearing hubs with a hydraulic 200mm disc and a 70mm drum brake. The frame now has been fixed heavy duty in two spots with a brace welded in on the left, and a brace coming soon for the drum brake arm.

If you want to prevent cracks I suggest you at least get a suspension fork!

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
Congrats on the fast build, however I think a lot of stuff on it looks too weak for the engine. That rag joint will destroy your spokes in under 200mi, probably much less depending on the spoke gauge; the wheel bearings will get torn up, those front brakes ain't gonna cut it... And you'll probably see some frame cracks and pray they aren't in the front triangle. I just had my 2nd crack in under a month with half the hp, fortunately it was in the rear triangle and I could feel it immediately when riding around 35-40mph. The chai stays completely separated from the bottom bracket. My wheels are all double wall aluminum riding on sealed bearing hubs with a hydraulic 200mm disc and a 70mm drum brake. The frame now has been fixed heavy duty in two spots with a brace welded in on the left, and a brace coming soon for the drum brake arm.

If you want to prevent cracks I suggest you at least get a suspension fork!
seems this person was already given all this serious advice already http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=60883&page=2&highlight=scotto clearly hasn't listened, some people have to learn the hard way just hope no one else gets hurt when this rig lets go..........