Push Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
i wanna build a push trailer this winter :(

im thiniking 6.5HP ungoverned honda clone to make long distace daytrips with :)

sheelistic

May 16, 2010
wpg. manitoba
hi i have a reumbent and i was thinking of a pusher trailer. i was thinking of using a bajha dirt bike; taking of the front wheel and atachiny it to yhe rear wheel nuts. what do you think. cheers sheelisthcdance1

BaysiderRider

Jun 30, 2010
Mobile, AL
Hi All,
After lurking here for quite some time I joined the MB forum. Today is the 10th anniversary of my quadruple bypass
heart surgery, so I'm especially pleased to still be around, Ha! Ha!
Anyway, my push trailer is powered by a Harbor Freight 196 cc 6.5 hp I got on sale for $99.99.
My builds include 3 prototypes, with the latest one being a charm!
I wanted the build to not require any modification to the bicycle's frame and also no welding whatsoever, which both
were accomplished with much thought-finally! Here's some shots of prototype 3; See what ya'll think:

Happy trails (and trailering) .trlrl.

Attachments

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
man im very dissapointed out all these pics and great ideas i havent seen a single one that includes a built in cooler to store the "coolaid" if u catch my drift ;)........ just kidding no hate loving all the ideas asspecially the one with the homemade jackshaft kit but seriously people think of the thirsty :D:D:D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome Baysider! Happy anniversary!!!

Great lookin' pusher. I have been working on a low connection similar to yours but has not worked at all. It is great to see yours. I was leaning towards scrapping the idea.

LOL Spit_Fire. Just found out a 49cc chainsaw case will hold a 30pk with an eisily added drain plug. Just a thought

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Corgi!!!! The "figgurin'" is the fun eh?

Is the whole problem with the educational system. No "figguring class"

BaysiderRider

Jun 30, 2010
Mobile, AL
Dan- thanks for the compliment. So what's the talk about possibly scrapping your design idea?
What about it isn't working out? Don't give up and try and not to hurry so quickly that a key element
gets overlooked! It usually just takes lots of patience and perseverance- but good shop skills
certainly don't hurt, either!

Happy trails (and trailering) .trlrl.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Nazis bombed Pearl Harbor? **** no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard]
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: *Let’s do it*!

wildcat

Jan 3, 2011
hilliard ohio
I Was Thinking About Motorizing On Of Those Enclosed Kiddy Trailers. To Have A Differential So Both Wheels Could Drive But Also Ratchet. My Thought Was To Use Two Coaster Brake Wheels With A Jackshaft Behind The Wheels or in front of them. It Would Be Cheap To Build And Free Wheel When You Kill It (or Runs Out Of Fuel!! Ha Ha). Staton Sells All Kinds Of Adapters For The Jackshaft Etc. I Will Enclose Pics Of The Simplist Pusher Yet= By Motormaker (a Member). He Has Posted A Complete Build. I Think He Is A Design Engineer. The last pic is znsane`s Ron
Hello i was wanting to bulid a pusher like the one you have in your pic is there anyway you can give me the mesusments of the pcs, i have the motor and the wheel ,and chain and also do you have any pics from the other side to see the chain set up.This is really cool i have got to make one thanks so much Wildcat brnot

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I Was Thinking About Motorizing On Of Those Enclosed Kiddy Trailers. To Have A Differential So Both Wheels Could Drive But Also Ratchet. My Thought Was To Use Two Coaster Brake Wheels With A Jackshaft Behind The Wheels or in front of them. It Would Be Cheap To Build And Free Wheel When You Kill It (or Runs Out Of Fuel!! Ha Ha). Staton Sells All Kinds Of Adapters For The Jackshaft Etc. I Will Enclose Pics Of The Simplist Pusher Yet= By Motormaker (a Member). He Has Posted A Complete Build. I Think He Is A Design Engineer. The last pic is znsane`s Ron
I still really like the 1st single wheel on the side pic,wondering if the swing bar was a bit longer and the wheel and motor centered behond the bike close to the rear wh.
I would think the rider weight would cause bike to have traction while letting the liter pusher wheel and motor slip side-ways when cornering,i like that pivot point for positive responce

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
corgi1

motormaker is the builder. His thread title for that build is "A couple briggs style bikes". He also built another two wheel pusher.

With the pusher mounted on the side it turns like a tricycle. If mounted in line behind the bicycle wheel it may have to skid pusher wheel sideways in turns. But that may not be a big problem.

Hope this helps. Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Wildcat

I guess I should have addressed my previous post to you. Sorry for the confusion corgi1.
If you have trouble finding the thread pm me and i will help. Ron

tallcrown

Jun 14, 2011
NJ
The benefit of having a Pusher?
Has anyone ever been stopped while using a pusher ?
Just more information for everyone to consider

sheelistic

May 16, 2010
wpg. manitoba
i was stopped by the police while riding my recumbent pusher. i got a $110.ticket. the way i look at it is i use to have a moped i payed $80. for insurance for a year, i have been riding my recumbent for two years that works out to less than $55. a year. love riding the bent pusher. it is a wiled ride.

FireEater

Apr 16, 2012
Alberta Canada
i was stopped by the police while riding my recumbent pusher. i got a $110.ticket. the way i look at it is i use to have a moped i payed $80. for insurance for a year, i have been riding my recumbent for two years that works out to less than $55. a year. love riding the bent pusher. it is a wiled ride.
What was the ticket for?

tallcrown

Jun 14, 2011
NJ
Ticket. Well let me guess. Most guys on here can not leave well enough alone. They want it to be loud and visible that it attracts a lot of attention, Even the wrong kind the Police. Maybe no one would have noticed if it was quiet and riding slowly ... Not Passing cars in the left lane.trlrl.