Rhythm Collision Car/Bike Show Riverside, CA

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey all you groovy people,

This weekend I had the pleasure of joining some friends and members of this forum at a car show in Riverside California. As part of this show, myself and nine other bike owners displayed our motorbikes. My friend Kris (ANTIQUECYCLES) organized our group, he brought two dustbin racers, two Terrot motorcycles, and a Norton Tribute bike. Dan Orabona of Taylar (the most underrated builder IMO) motorbikes brought a few bikes as well. Chris (Robertriley) brought his Chicago Police tribute bike, Bob brought an Indian Chief, Jim brought a 1948 Harley 125 single cylinder, Dave (Rat Rod) brought two of his creations, and Michael brought a 1959 Vespa.

Here are some pictures of what I saw. I neglected to get a lot of car photos, sorry about that. It was a rockabilly crowd with music and quite a few car clubs.

The highlight for me was when a few of the drag cars started up and revved the engine for a bit. The methanol dragster was crazy, loud as all get out in a multilevel parking lot, burning eyes from fumes, and barely able to breath while watching. Most people had to evacuate to a lower parking level.

I will post multiple pictures in multiple posts. I will also post a couple links to videos i took.

First two pics are of a torpedo car constructed out of an airplane drop tank, not yet running. Pic 3 is Chris's Chicago Police bike Taylar made, Pic 4 is Kris's Norton tribute Taylar made, and pic 5 is a Taylar Harley board track tribute.

Gilbert

Attachments

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
And now for the videos. HERE is a link to a youtube video of the Olds powered ford, pretty impressive, to say the least.

HERE is a link to a youtube video of the Dragster running. This was absolutely crazy! My eyes started watering almost immediately, then I had a hard time breathing, then I had to literally leave the area. I did not even get footage of the real rev-ups, we all had to walk down to the next level of the parking area to get some air.

Hope you enjoy,

Gilbert

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Bob's Indian Chief did get a prize. He won the promoter's pick for motorcycles. The trophy was a spun aluminum hub cap that was hand painted by a pinstriper who was working at the show.

Gilbert

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Cool Gilbert-- but would have been Cooler if you had posted well in advance if general public interested in such things were allowed access!!!!

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Sorry Buba,

I should have posted in advance, but the show was in Riverside, so I wasn't sure how many people would want to make the trek from L.A.

Maybe I'll see you at the DTM clubhouse soon, would be fun to ride with those guys.

Gilbert

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Gil-

DTM SUNDAY/FUNDAY-
every sunday -always riders/people around the clubhouse-
12 noon ride out usually around 3pm!!

clubhouse-48th street one and a half blocks east of Arlington /Blvd