el camino show and swap at irwindale speedway 9/20/14

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ya, 2 events same day. cool old motorcycles that are not all harleys like vet's. and they ride them around. last year one guy was riding a pierce around all morning i asked him $48,000? he laughed and said $1.3 m OUCH!!! starts at 7am

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I am going to attend this event. If anyone wants to go with, I am planning on riding my bike there from Hollywood. It starts pretty darn early, so I guess I'm going to try and leave by 7:00 AM.

Gilbert

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
gilbert, i don't think they have inside parking unless your a vendor or showing your bike, so i'm just giving you a heads up. because i've seen bikes parked in a outside corral before. not to say you could not chain it up to the fence at the gate where everyone will see it in plain view. talk to jeff as he was their last year to get the low down. dennis

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks for the helpful information Dennis. I guess I'll bring my lock. Or maybe I'll enter the bike in the show. There's a powered bike/scooter category, don't know if my bike fits their criteria.

Have fun at the 2-stroke extravaganza!

Gilbert

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey, I was about to post some pictures I took of the same bikes!

Sorry I don't know what you look like Mason Man, I would have liked to say hi, don't really know you, just from this forum.

I am in one of those pictures of the Pierce Arrow, so I must have seen you.

I had fun at the event, my bike made the ride without too many problems. Had to pull over a couple of times to adjust the tension on my secondary belt. Its new and still stretching a bit, so it was getting too loose and twisting in a half twist.

I got a bug up my butt about parking my bike out of site, so I entered it in the show. Got a trophy, but it was very silly. There were only two bikes in my category (scooters and motored bikes). I got second, beat out by a kawasaki 50, one of those little minibike-style bikes. It was "mint condish".

Still got a trophy though!

That 1899 Puegot trike was definitely the highlight of the day. It was in such awesome original condition and operational. The guy didn't start it up, but I did get video of the Pierce Arrow idling. I'll go through my pics and try to post some of the other bikes that Mason Man didn't post.

Gilbert

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Nice job Gilbert!

Always good to see one of our own in a car show. Bonus points for riding there on the machine!

Hope to see you at the Grange in a few weeks.

B.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
sorry i missed you guys, i went to both events so i was gone at 10 am to watch C.C.C. win 1st place at cook's. very nice at both places, too bad they could not be a day apart and drew more people to both places.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hey, I was about to post some pictures I took of the same bikes!

Sorry I don't know what you look like Mason Man, I would have liked to say hi, don't really know you, just from this forum.

I am in one of those pictures of the Pierce Arrow, so I must have seen you.

I had fun at the event, my bike made the ride without too many problems. Had to pull over a couple of times to adjust the tension on my secondary belt. Its new and still stretching a bit, so it was getting too loose and twisting in a half twist.

I got a bug up my butt about parking my bike out of site, so I entered it in the show. Got a trophy, but it was very silly. There were only two bikes in my category (scooters and motored bikes). I got second, beat out by a kawasaki 50, one of those little minibike-style bikes. It was "mint condish".

Still got a trophy though!

That 1899 Puegot trike was definitely the highlight of the day. It was in such awesome original condition and operational. The guy didn't start it up, but I did get video of the Pierce Arrow idling. I'll go through my pics and try to post some of the other bikes that Mason Man didn't post.

Gilbert
Hi Gilbert, I asked the triumph guys, trike guys from mira loma if they had seen you and all said no, I waited for the crowd to die down to finally get some pics.
I'm really impressed that you rode from la to irwiwdale. Hope to see you at Dales donut shop ride.

Ray