CC's of Stock Head

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... flip that thing upside down and use a 10cc syringe to fill the combustion chamber and subtract with what's left in the syringe to get your cc's.. it can vary as much as 7.5cc all the way past 10cc, they are that much different. you'll need the head off and preferably a sheet of plexiglass over the combustion chamber, sealed with grease and with a hole drilled for the syringe for the most accurate readings since you'll usually get a "dome" of liquid above the top when you try to fill it.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
An easy way to get an estamate is to put the plug in it and tape over the dome with clear box tape nice and tight then fill a large needle with water and stab it in through the tape and fill the dome slowly allowing air to escape ... Once its ful of water and no bubbles are left check and see how many cc's it took to fill it ...

Most stock heads with the stock1mm head gasket factored in are around 9 to 10 cc

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
thats actually how i quick check my heads when i am decking them down with a target cc in mind

once i am close i begin to go to a finer grit sand paper and start checking them by bolting on a square piece of lexan plexyglass with a tiney hole in the center that i made just for that porpose and fill the chamber through the tiny hole with brake fluid verrry slowly and measure the amount it took to fill