aloha a newbie or as the would say a haole

GoldenMotor.com

beachbum808

Feb 9, 2014
Haiku Maui Hawaii
Hows it,
New to the site and new to the motorized bicycle world. I live on a speck in the middle of the pacific. Maui has been home for 19years. Moved to Oahu at 21with $200 stayed there for 5 years then moved here to Maui, 23 years in Hawaaii and I have $75 left.
Done construction most of my life and wrenched on many cars and some heavy equipment. Ive own many Volkswagens so I know about working on your vehicle alot. Pulled, torn down, overhauled, and reinstalled my 79 van motor 3 times and my 69 square back about 4 times. Bikes are a new to me but find it fun and as with Volkswagens, frustrating all rolled together.
Just finished putting a 49cc china girl type 2 stroke from Power Kings onto a Huffy Nel Lusso. Its running great but course there are a few wrinkles to iron out. Chain rubbing the tire is my biggest problem. Learn how to make a cool cross hatch pattern in a tire though. And the kill switch not working. Ive tested the switch with my meter and its fine.
There are othet question running through my head also but im still loving it and want to start another bike I. The not to distant future. More coustom and beefier than the huffy. Im going to try and find answers on threads and post from the newbies before, but as Paul knows ive had some issues navigating the site. If you see and old hashed out question feel free to poi t and laugh. I. Sure years and more builds from now ill be doing the same. Thank you

beachbum808

Feb 9, 2014
Haiku Maui Hawaii
Aloha Dan,

What brah where you stay from? You one kanaka? So wat no trust the Haoles is what you went tell me? Bumma cuz i came hea for dakine, help. First time fo put one together. I had em all pau. Was cruzin em, but had some small kine troubles. Da book never tell me sheeat. I just hammer em apart fo try redo. But no can brah went open one can of worms bah! Big bugg tell you.
LMAO
No but really I have a Huffy Nel lusso bike, with a powerking motor (free shipping, other guys wanted $120 to shipe a $150 motor) I had it togethet and was riding it doing the easy break in (heard many different theorys on that now) running good getting more powerful every run. the trouble was the 26×2.35 tires. The chain rubbing is rubbing pretty good (made a cool custom pattern, not my style though) and the lame tensioner was pulling into the tire. The kit comes with 2 rubber bushings for the sprocket but was told not to use the outer one with coaster brakes. The brake lever is not going to be an issue so im gonna use the 2nd bushing(rag?) The tesioner ive got an idea for tell I buy a good one. But the motor sits with the rear in a little bit if you ran a straight line off it it angels in to the wheel.i posted a thread about the 2 nubs on the seat down tube, ones in my way of mounting.the motor properly. Posted a photo
I want to get back on the road so I can get back to fishing. Check out the post please so I can know if I can wackem and finish this bugga already.

Mahalo

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Welcome BeachBum,

I've had VWs as well...a '72 and '77 vans; both campers. I know those flat-4s better than I ever wanted to! The 2-stroke is quite different, of course, but certainly as oily as an old VeeDub.

I had to laugh at the "Haole" comment as I literally JUST watched this before I checked this site. Look out for that guy!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4ed_1392665622

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I gave up them Dub's a long time ago, I use to work as a VW mechanic (20 years ago), loved them, but they didn't like the tropics as much as I did.
I think these Ht's might be a little more reliable.
But they do kind of remind me.