im mad at it can you help?

GoldenMotor.com

Jesse002100

May 1, 2010
Parma Ohio
well as i have seen some many posts saying if it fails it will leave you the farthest from home having to petal uphill and mine did.

alright i was cruising on my 4gt hs with big smiles and all of a sudden a long way from home it just lost power and it now only idles at half throttle and wont rev up at all.

i took apart the carb and sprayed carb cleaner thru it and looked thru the main jet and all seems clear. i put it all back together and still nothing it has compression and spark the air cleaner is clean.

i just got it together two days ago its brand new if i cannot get it going it has a warranty and ill have to send it back but i really think its something easy but i have no experience with the hs motor.

thanks in advanced, Jesse

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Fuel flows fine? Float floats? Jet needle (the thingy that the float acts upon to shut off fuel when float bowl is full) isn't stuck?

Sounds like its flooding!

FYI I've been respectfully corrected in terminology which is good but being old school m/c Del Orto and others refer to the fuel inlet valve of the carb as the jet needle and the needle that comes outta the slide as the needle jet.

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Air leak? Grasping at straws not being there. It's likely to be something simple (It worked, then it didn't). Nothing major has changed. You may have spun the flywheel i.e. sheared the key, if the ignition timing is off it won't run right.

IOW's it may not be the carb. Loose wire? dirty plug? etc. look all around.

Cheers!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I once had a mini bike engine do this to me. It turned out that a small piece of the gasket between the carb and manifold got sucked in, creating a massive air leak. I could get it to idle at about 1/2 throttle.It was a bear to start and it really would not run worth a darn.
Check the carb and manifold for air leaks.

Jesse002100

May 1, 2010
Parma Ohio
i am out of ideas... i contacted the company and see what they have to say. the intake gasket is good the plug is clean i held it against the frame and it is sparking. i am unsure how to check the flywheel key, can anyone let me in on a easy way to check?
thanks, Jesse

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
That is a bummer 4 sure! I came really close to buying one of their 4 stroke kits, with a Hua Sheng engine, untill I read on this site about how shoddy the transmissions were at that time. They are better now BTW.
The Hua Sheng or Honda 4 stroke engines are typically very reliable when built and maintained right. You must have gotten a friday engine or something.
Honda engines have a 99.99% history of being built correctly, the Hua Shengs, not quite that good.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
For checking the flywheel, remove the pull starter and fan shroud and it should be a shaft end bolt that you remove, should become clear when you open it up. There's a key that locks it into place. It's unlikely but maybe they forgot it.

Cheers!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I know this is a little embarrassing but I have helped no less than about six people out of about 75 kits I have sold with there Huasheng 142F-cc engines and many are turning the choke on instead of off when they are running thier engines present company included try turning the choke the other way just a thought.