How can I get a 2-stroke kit in California?

GoldenMotor.com

jamesejam

May 9, 2009
Oakland, CA
I've been looking for a 2-stroke kit for my cruiser bike but it seems nobody ships to California because of some obscure California Air Resources Board law. Does anyone know a way around this law, or a shop that ships to California? I don't want to put a 4-stroke engine on my bike because they just don't look good and they're too expensive anyway.

93KHJFRK

Mar 16, 2009
The OC
Hi,

Order from BikeBerry, that's where I bought mine a few months ago. Besides, the sell Grubee engines, which are great. Good luck.

Mike

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
I believe Thatsdax ships to cal, at least I see no disclaimer stating he doesn't. I ran into the same problem ordering mine, ended up ordering from zone8, but they are kind of pricey. I think spooky tooth might be another that will ship to cal.

Edit: just read bikeberry and it says, "Due to regulations no California Residence buyers". I'm not sure if they just say that and will still ship or not, I haven't tried.

I'm really tempted to buy another just in case cal. out right bans all sales of them.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Have the kit shipped as bicycle parts....how are they going to know?
Too bad the Republik of Kalifornia has to be such a pain in the rear end.

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
Have the kit shipped as bicycle parts....how are they going to know?
Too bad the Republik of Kalifornia has to be such a pain in the rear end.
lol tell me about it, I've been hearing they are trying to pass bills which will restrict usage of lawn mowers, leaf blowers and weed eaters, basically any 2 stroke motor. I love cal, but the green movement here does go a bit overboard.