Old Newbie

GoldenMotor.com

Donzi

Feb 15, 2012
N.Virginia
Howdy. I'm a retired Fed employee & just "stumbled" across this motorbicycle forum. As a teen, I owned & drove a 48cc motorized bike in Japan (Nagoya & Tokyo) back in the mid-late 50s. Yeah, long time ago. Anyway, I'd forgotten the experience until I started nosing around this site. I'm kinda old (nearly 69), but I think I could still ride, if only in my neighborhood of retirees. I'm hiding out from winter right now in South Texas, but when I get back to northern VA, I just may have to build myself a bike. Sounds like fun to me. Talk later.
Donzi

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
51, the old duffers in your commune are NOT gonna like the noise.
Sry, that's the facts of life.

If yer very cautious, and only operate at very reasonable hours, and quite slowly until you leave the neighborhood, you might be kinda OK.

Otherwise, if yah wave and smile at them, they'll love yah!

Good luck
rc

Donzi

Feb 15, 2012
N.Virginia
I don't think noise'll be a problem. Several of my neighbors in our small (100 houses) retirement community own/drive Harleys & I've heard no complaints. We geezers tend to be kinda live & let live.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Good for you, D !

I've fallen into paranoid mode, I suppose...
Got my first letter threatening eviction for this year. The rental management company mailed it to me on Valentine's Day!

There's harley riders here, dirtbike guys, RV'ers, boaters, and hot rodders, too...
But I'm a tenant and they can pick on me.

So they say I can't have 'storage' here at the house, 'trash', or more than 3 vehicles.
I suppose my bike frames are 'trash' and my construction tools are being 'stored'.
And vehicles...here in Kalifornia they HATE vehicles!
Well, not really... they LOVE to tax 'em to death! lol

I dunno...
I've given these people over 70k and they terrorize me....
Sometimes I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.
rc