Shimano Wheel

GoldenMotor.com

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
I decided to start a new post from Ripped Spoke, since I now am trying to change over to a Shimano 26 X 2.125, Hub-Shim CB 12G 34H.

I did not expect the brake arrangement and am hoping someone here is familiar with it.

The brake arm is different than conventional in shape and holds its place by a start type attachment that looks alot like the adjustment nut in the clutch housing.

Anyway, when tightening the engine rear wheel chain sprocket to the wheel, when it gets tight the wheel will not
spin, some how pressure on the brake nut cap stops the wheel spin action, . . has anyone dealt with this ?

If this can't be fixed, . . I guess, I will have to inter-change
the hub parts, from the old wheel, if they fit ?

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
I did replace the pedal chain sprocket, took out the Shimano assembly, since it did not have a chain sprocket mounted. It fit well and the wheel spun free until I tightened down the engine sprocket.

Last edited:

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
All that I can tell you at this time is that D--mn Hub must be super sensitive ! I loosened all the bolts on the sprocket and tightened them
slightly until the, (altered by adjustment), brake arm, cleared, . .
this left the bolts not very tight, but close to snug, and it the wheel spins OK.

I'll true it out a little and tire it up for a try, . . don't know what else can go wrong, . . but that was a little frustrating, .

Last edited: