3 piece wide pedal crank

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
So i got a GT1 with a wide pedal crank (FYI: not wide enough for the 4G).... I understand what each part does, and am comfortable with the assembly of these wide pedal cranks... but for some reason, they ALL seem to come loose.... any tips on this? is anyone using locktite, or have any suggestions on how to do this without it coming loose....

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
not sure what you’re talking about (not familiar with what that is) we are talking about pedals right? I’m just talking about the kits that come with the 4g kit

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Pablo, That part looks “SICK”! I may have to check into that for my own bike... but I am looking for a solution that i can use when i do builds for friends, and solutions for ones ive done..... but thanks... I still think i want to get one of those

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Is this how they assemble
YouTube - Installing The 4G Three Piece Wide Crank
thanks corgi.... That is the way i’ve done it... I was hoping to see the “proper tools” for the installation of this component.... i have been using large adjustable wrenches... and then a hammer and a punch to do the last locking ring.... I GET IT TIGHT! runs smooth, no slop... and then it comes loose after a day or two... maybe I’ll use his locktite idea

wheelie

Jun 6, 2010
Wisconsin
Thank you so much for the video. I almost gave up and took my build to a bicycle store, but after watching the video I was able to get it together.