Motorkote

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I put this stuff in a Peterbuilt with a cat 475 hp diesel engine...made the pyrometer (Turbo temp guage) go way down. I put some in a '90 chevy van and heard the engine get quieter as I poured it in. I also put some in a 2005 650 Suzuki which is 1 cylinder scream take-off but low high end very high revving engine. This bike went from not being able to see what was behind you in the mirror to instantly being able to discern if a cop was behind you. I guarantee you if this stuff was not great you would see bad reviews as it goes for $30 a quart. They reccomend in addition to your oil mix adding 2 oz per gallon. This stuff DOES NOT mix with oil or fuel it bonds to metal. I would not use it more than 1 tank at a time as it lasts 4 oil changes in a car! I would also put it on my chain, gears and bearings...it would only take a few drops to do the whole bike. I will be getting some asap and will post results.
https://www.motorkote.com/HowUsed.html
Total Motorcycle Website - 2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Over the years Ive tried different things in my engines to improve the performance and gas milage and I think I wasted my money. Personally I think a person is better off buying a quality motor oil and leaving it at that. Im a firm believer in synthetics being superior in antifriction properties vs conventional oil. But some times a thicker conventional oil can benifit your motor too on older motors where leaking is a problem or smoking ie............just depends on the situation.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I agree most oil additives are snake oil...this stuff is probably not gonna give you more power but I do believe it will make your motor last much longer. I just talked to the guy who owned the Peterbuilt and he said he didn't think it did much for fuel economy. My idea is any product that prevents dry starting an engine is good...it only will take a few ounces to try it and the rest will go to good use in a car. This stuff is not an oil additive it is an engine treatment...bonds to the metal not mix with the oil...if you watch their infomercial on their webb site it explains better:
MotorKote

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
What do u guys think about usins AMSOIL? I was thinking about using it, based on my uncle always bragging it up. I dunno myself I'm not much of an oil expert myselfxct2

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Well I finally found a source for this stuff with free shipping $26 a quart...got it in today and man is that engine quieter! Sounds like a quiet scooter now! I pulled the spark plug and squirted a little bit in there and rocked the bike back and forth then put the plug back in put a little on the chain and in the tank and went to wal mart. This stuff works if nothing else it made the weedeater sound go away I wasn't sure the thing had started at first!

Amazon.com: MotorKote MK-HL32-06 32oz Hyper Lubricant: Automotive

I wouldn't recommend this stuff in your engine till it's been broke in. Chains, gears, cables and bearings yes.

This is from their add:
Product Features

* MOTORKOTE is a pure synthetic engine additive concentrate containing no solids, moly, teflon, or graphite
* MK is formulated for heavy-duty use in gas or diesel hard working engines and other mechanical devices
* It molecularly coats metal surfaces with added lubrication protection reducing friction, heat and wear on critical moving parts

This stuff is not to replace the oil you mix with the fuel it coats and bonds to the metal...when you add this stuff to a car engine the oil level does not go up after running the engine...it prevents dry starts it lasts thru 2 oil changes in a big truck (that's minimum 30,000 miles folks)
I will not be adding any more of this stuff to my engine for quite some time I am sure. I might have spent $5 to treat the whole bike, engine, bearings, cables and chains.

Last edited:

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
I use Opti-2 and the stuff WORKS. It's available in lil packs for a couple bucks at any ACE Hardware. I used to monkey with ratios and trying all different stuff, but this stuff has worked wonders on my last 4 builds and it's all I use. One mix, (one pack to one gallon gas) one price, no problemo. Here's a link explaining the technology-

Technology

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Heres some questions and answers from their web site...as expensive as this stuff is you would see negative reports on it if you googled it I haven't seen one yet.

Q: How does MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant work?
A: MOTORKOTE bonds to metal, creating a HYPER LUBRICATING metal-to-metal contact. This reduces friction, heat and engine wear.

* Horsepower increases of 10% are common within 1 month of use.
* Gas mileage may increase 5-15% during this same period.
* Damage from cold starts is significantly reduced.

Q: Why doesn't MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant void my warranty like some oil additives?
A: Unlike Lucas Oil, Prolong, and Slick 50, MOTORKOTE doesn’t mix with oil. This means that oil viscosity, antifoaming, and other oil properties are not affected. MOTORKOTE is Safe and Effective.
Q: How do I use MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant?
A: MOTORKOTE should be used in all gasoline and diesel engines. Pour using the diagram below.
Engine The Pour When
4 cylinder 8 ounces Every 4th Oil change
6 cylinder 12 ounces Every 4th Oil change
8 cylinder and up 16 ounces Every 4th Oil change
Q: When can I use MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant?
A: The best time to use MOTORKOTE is with your next oil change, but you can add anytime.
Q: Why is MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant more expensive than some other additives?
A: Mostly because it’s better. It also doesn’t need to be added as often.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Years ago I put some STP oil treatment in my Briggs and Stratton on the old mini-bike. It started running poorly, and when I opened it up, it was gunked up with white stuff, semi-bonded to the metal. It could've been too much I suppose, but I havent used an oil treatment since- Multiple quick oil changes can do miracles with high mileage even badly smoking motors. And I ALWAYS run distilate carb and /or injection cleaner in the tank. Those really work.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
How Much Do I Use

Typical Hyper Lubricant/Engine Treatment Applications

Engines
2 Ounces per quart of oil in the crankcase
Typical big rigs add 88 ounces. Add 3 ounces per quart of oil in heavy duty or racing applications.
Transmissions
1 ounce per quart of fluid in automatic or manual transmissions.
Differentials
1 Ounce per quart of gear lube.
Power Steering
1 Ounce per quart of fluid.
Transfer Case
2 to 4 Ounces per vehicle.
Drive Shafts
1 Ounce for chains, apply lightly or soak.
Grease
1 ounce per tube (Typical tube is 14oz.). Add 32 ounces in 55 gal. keg
Hydraulics
1 Ounce per quart of fluid.
Small Oil Injected Engines
4 Ounces in the oil side.
Liquid Cooled
1 Ounce per quart of oil.
Four Stroke
Air cooled, 2 Ounces per Qt.
Two Stroke
2 Ounces per gallon after pre-mixing with 2 stroke oil.
Engines with By-Pass Filtration
Initial treatment: add 2 ounces per quart of total oil volume. (1 Gallon)
Replenish when changing filters with 1 quart of Hyper Lubricant.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
J. Dyer (Pennsylvania said:
I bought the motorkote on 4/26 & put in 10 oz. around 5/10/07

The avg mpg for all fill ups since new:
5/3/07-26.88; 5/8/07-24.53; 5/13/07-24.33; 5/18/07-25.44; 5/23/07-25.55--this tank was an ethanol blend. Driving was all about the same i.e 60% highway.

I cannot say anything about how well it protects the engine but
I have seen no benefits in mileage.

Something really important would have to happen to convince me I should use this product forever. Hope I didn't ruin the engine but then, I did get the extended warranty
By J. Lok (Amazon) said:
MotorKote does not work, April 5, 2007

After reading such positive reviews, I placed the order for a 32oz bottle and applied to 2 of my cars: a 1998 Volvo and a 1994 Nissan Quest about 3-4 weeks ago. I added to the motor oil as well as transmission as indicated.

There was no changes to the performance or fuel savings, it was completely innefective.

The good news is that it didn't damage the cars.
Human beings are funny with things like this. I remember when my buddy called to tell me he was getting 250% better mileage with "Fuel Master" magnets zip tied to each side of the gas line on his Caravan. It "rearranges" the atoms in gas molecules for more efficiency. Only $39.95/set. On the next trip to Albany we actually measured LESS mileage than the same trip a week before. He also swears by additives but real world testing, at best, always shows no change.

I can't tell you how many guys I did bikes for pull into my driveway bragging about some upgrade (race carb, hi octane gas, synth oil, porting, hole drilled in carb, the list goes on). Needless to say reality comes a-callin' on "dyno hill".

I'm not saying it can't happen but would characterize it as unlikely based on previous experience.

The human mind is a funny thing. Sometimes outright hilarious.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I am very skeptical as well especially about something that sounds like snake oil...I think I mentioned somewhere the I had contacted my old boss with the Peterbuilt and he said he didn't notice any change in fuel economy. The problem with his truck is different drivers with very heavy loads his truck was wide open not governed a blast to drive! I would not recommend this stuf if I had not seen some sort of positive results myself. The second you pour this stuff in a 4 stroke engine you can hear the difference in a much quieter and less vibrating engine. Immediately after pouring a little in the spark plug hole and rocking the bike back and forth upon starting the engine I wasn't sure it had started it was so quiet...I am not exagerating even a little it sounded more like what it does prior to firing. The quart of this stuff is $26 delivered on Amazon. I might use $5 worth on my bike treating the engine once and the way I know this stuff bonds it will likely be the only treatment the bike gets ever. The only negative reports I had seen until you found those were from nay sayers who had never tried it. Norman said he was gonna try the stuff I'm very interested in his report. If this stuff did nothing more than quiet the engine the way I have heard it do it's worth it to be more stealthy. I also felt the vibration dissapate immediately hence less bolts comin loose ect. I was hoping for some negative reports to come in, any scientific test needs to be scrutinized to be of any worth. Here's another reason I bought my first quart of this stuff about 5 years ago: truckers open their wallet and moths fly out...them guys are cheaper than Scruge...for a trucker to spend almost $100 on this stuff speaks volumes. Here's the rest of the reviews on Amazon including the negative ones:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MotorKote MK-HL32-06 32oz Hyper Lubricant