Project 'Hippie Hater'

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I too, think she looks awesome as is, (really do) But if your Girl Friend knows you built it for her, would ask her what paint job she would like. Just sayin'

Can you imagine the conversations? "Thanks, my boyfriend made it for me from scratch..."

Pretty cool Brodder!

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
I seek a pinstriper like yours there was a guy " Von Dutch" who striped with his shakey hands and lived in a tore back old truck. His work was unparallelled.
I was thinking of a roller that is slender enough to roll the stripes on, they used to feature them a Orange County Crusiers Labor day event at the costamesa Fairgrounds I photographed ther from 1981 thru 2000 as I was the Real thing my whole life. I just now got a pr war frame to motorize as an afterthought to my Electric choppers. It is really expensive to start from scratch and pick out the vintage sized stuff.
Luckily I recieved all the real parts along with the frame after while loading my frame in my trunk the seller spotted a guitar I had in there a 1960s Suzuki violin co ltd that is a gorgeous laminated Classic spanish styled guitar sold to Viet Nam soldgers on leave for two weeks in tokio. sent home to claim after touring Nam. the one I had was trashed after the mother of the buyer died he died in Nam and she had it unstung in her closet for over 40 years. just another unused item that was discarded when the tennant dies. that sucker pought me a new seat a springer a set ot huge handlebars and a pair pf Phantom fenders. I'd say the parts are Collecter approved. this guy is switching over to Fixie bikes that are the rage these days he had a similar framed bike sitting ther that I laid my frame up to for comparison. it is a real early bike a first year production Balloon tire Schwinn. dated 01/22/34

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
That's Exactly what I had remembered!! gee thanks mr wizzar Donut Derilict Mornig show ,6am over at 8am oncee got in a Tubbed model A with an entire back Panel striped by Von
Dutch A canary Yellow four door choped off top . Tub T Had a 3X3 foot detailed Von Dutch Bad boy Pissing "secretly hidden "in the stripeing I didn't have a FLASH In byUSA camera that overcast early morning at the beach ii half dark but,,,, it must be showing somewhere look for "Von Dutch's work I will pick one of these rollers up to do my bikes fenders or make one. Id seen a car done in 3 hours easy, at the Labor Day Cruise we had in OC california

Last edited:

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
If I can make a suggestion as to the color of your paint. Simply clearcoat over the bare metal. Then, instead of painting the rims red, which, in my opinion is a little played out, black them out with some bedliner in a can. It hardens real well, and will keep that Mad Max look you got going on with that bike. As it is, it looks Ba6a55

MattLGiberson

Apr 23, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
The bike is going to stay mostly the same way. I'm gonna paint the springer black and get a little more pinstriping on it. The rims are going to be a nice raspberry colour. But the frame is staying the way it is.

I'll have pics of my new death trap up in the next few days

Cheers

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
OK no plans it is "One of a Kind" that fantastick, You other guys can pick his brain but You will be on your own for sketches He He
I am glad to read that more pinstripes will be going on the Hippe Hater!!!!!I have decided to glue a 11 inch POT LEAF to my tank, a real one that my girl friday has. it will drape the tank only,.duh. but freak out the Hemp Cops

Last edited:

Mr.Mateo

Dec 16, 2009
pistol waven new haven
i love this bike!!! its been my latest inspiration its something ive been looking for too do to my next bike i want it very low just like yours....im gonna be taking the rear cage from my occ chopper to do it. How did you do the springer front end? and you run into any issues lowering the bike? and pointers? thanks in advance this thing is dope!

MattLGiberson

Apr 23, 2009
Thanks man. As for pointers....just watch where you're riding....no dirty roads or speed bumps. I haven't really had any problems with having the bike so low. The only thing I really had to change was the exhaust. I had to put a sharper bend in it. I'm planning to totally change it in the spring to a nice little pea shooter coming out the back. Anyways....I say go for it man...it's low and fun. Let me know if you have any more questions.

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
despite the good looks im sad to say tht, as soon as you take the peddals off all u have is a home-made bicycle with a cheap-ass chineese engiene amnd bicycle gearing

MattLGiberson

Apr 23, 2009
"Re: Project 'Hippie Hater'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
despite the good looks im sad to say tht, as soon as you take the peddals off all u have is a home-made bicycle with a cheap-ass chineese engiene amnd bicycle gearing"

Yea you might be right but thats not the point of these creations. The people who build these enjoy taking raw steel and making something that will transport them down the road. It's not always about looking good or going fast and certainly not about being cool...it's about doing something that challenges you and somehting that you enjoy....cheap ass or not I enjoy every minute of a build and so does everyone else who's on these boards and builds these bikes.