Maryland is a place too!

GoldenMotor.com

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Haven't yet posted and thought is was time to say hello from Maryland.
I started my bike back in late April and just can't seem to stop changing things a little
at a time. Hopefully these pictures will show a couple of improvements made over time, not really interesting to most of you but keeps me busy and looking forward to whatever comes next.
Riding is the fun part , improving is the satisfying part. Thanks to everyone for a million pointers
and creative ideas.

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Haven't yet posted and thought is was time to say hello from Maryland.
I started my bike back in late April and just can't seem to stop changing things a little
at a time. Hopefully these pictures will show a couple of improvements made over time, not really interesting to most of you but keeps me busy and looking forward to whatever comes next.
Riding is the fun part , improving is the satisfying part. Thanks to everyone for a million pointers
and creative ideas.

Welcome Timbo......
We all begin in the same place......wanting and needing an MB.....yours looks tremendous !...I noticed the difference in the exhaust from snap to snap....but the last one looks like it might cook your butt.....in any case welcome to the fold....keep us posted !

Laters,
Salty.shft.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
and creative ideas. I hear ya on that one, fo sho. That is a sick looking build, I love that exaust, but like salty said, what is up wit the diff pipe angles? Is that a SBP pipe?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
What is this "Maryland" you speak of? o_O

lol nice - actually I was born there, I don't think the place ever recovered :D

Sweet build man, glad ya joined us!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Welcome, I like the bike! I have one of those same expansion chambers, I have been thinking of adapting to one of my bikes. I see you tried it a couple different ways. That gives me some ideas for when I cut mine up. Did you get that from one of the "Pocket Bike" sites?

John

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
With regards to the pipe. I got it for $25 thru a pocket bike vendor. Opened up the silencer
(cotter pin with spring and tightly wrapped the perforated stinger with fiberglass insulation to
quiet it down. Had the pipe in the up position for awhile, burned leg not too bad and got the
idea to roll and wrap it with some perf aluminum I had laying around the shop. It really kept the heat away and was cool enough to touch even after riding long outings. Wound up moving the pipe
down and under the bottom bracket and swept it up like my Yamaha RD 400 2 stroke street bike. s
It sounds nice and doesn't compromise too much top end because of the length pipe from engine
to the chamber. Since these pics where taken I've gotten a better rear derrailer,7. speed rear
freewheel, and twist shifter. Next are some better brakes. Tektro sell a U brake adapter plate to
retrofit caliper brakes and convert to U brakes like like most BMX bikes have. I have 11 bikes in my basement and enjoy each one for the unique. different personalities they have. Thanks

Attachments