Stolen Bonneville Flyer

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Stolen! A customer of mine has informed me his brand new Sportsman Flyer, a Bonneville model, was stolen from the garage of his apartment complex yesterday morning. The location of the theft was in Hollywood California. Please everyone keep a lookout for this very unique machine. It is one of only 15 built and would be very obvious if spotted. Please contact me if you have any information. A police report has already been file. The customer has only owned this bike for about three weeks.
Thanks,
Pat Dolan
Sportsman Flyer LLC

Here is last picture I have of the bike.

Bonneville Flyer by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks Baird. The CABE is a good place to post. Please supply link to your post. Also, anywhere else anyone thinks of to post please chime in and I'll handle it.
Why would someone steal such a rare bike? Not like you could ride it anywhere without being noticed. Part it out? The parts only fit this bike. Sell it? To who? The board track world is pretty small and anyone interested in such a machine will no doubt do their research and realize what it is.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Having a bike stolen really sucks. Worst part is thinking how bad the thieves will treat it/leave it out in the elements, etc. fortunately being a quality bike you probably won't be seeing a lot of rust when you get it back. you'll get it back; custom bike like that.

Try www.statewidelist.com to search craigslist over a larger area.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'll keep an eye and an ear out for it down here, not too far from the Border. I know it's looks and how it sounds. Sorry to hear of this...hope for a speedy recovery.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Scotto, Velo, and everyone else thanks for weighing in and helping out. The bike has still not been recovered.
Pat

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Pat,

My guess would be who ever stole the bike either sold the bike to someone who knew what it was and hid it or moved it out of the area or they did it themselves. It could be over the border as well.

On the other hand they may be waiting for the heat to die down before they bring it out not knowing how individual it is and the large network of knowledgeable people watching for it.

Shame a person can't own something without having to keep one hand on it at all times. Hope it is found and soon.

Steve.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks guys, I appreciate you all helping out. I haven't spoken to the owner in a few weeks and need to check in with him but I also know he would notify me right a way if it was found. I hope the dirt bag riding it around feels like ..... I also hope someday I will be contacted for a spare part. It will probably be from some unlucky guy who bought it not knowing it was stolen.
Pat