Custom built Rat Bike named Roach

GoldenMotor.com

Isaiah3g

Apr 11, 2011
Monroe,La
Me and my two younget brothers have this business we are trying to start,named 3G Fabrications. The 3 is for two things, third generation in customizing as well as 3 Gibbs. since there are 3 of us
So this is our first motorized bike,pictures have been takin over the years of its build here and there,we built it for my pops with a 'rat style' in mind and he was game for it and was anticipating what we could do with the material and time we had....so here it is. Thought you all might get a grin out of this.

In the beginning. We took a Stingray and 'bobbed' it and rode it for awhile with some spray can paint,then chopped it up.
Didnt care too much for the 'adjustable forks' we made for it,and it was just a 'mock-up' so we wound up cuttin 6 inches out of the stock ones and rewelded the top so they would bolt back on the triple tree.
We decided to add a turbo hangin out at the house from a 1983 suburu to our 11.4hp dyno'd methanol briggs.
The motor was just wore out,after being raced on the WKA Kart circuit for 3 years and then sittin up for 2,we had it rebuilt. This time is was honed .30 over with titanium valves,billet piston,billet piston rod,a radical cam,the head was shaved then decked and polished,the carburetter was drilled in another spot and an added another pick up hose for the fuel since the turbo spooling up was blowing the fuel BACK down into the tank. Things have been fixed now. The motor alone n/a has 15.5 hp now.
We also have in a few of the pics one blue single disc,multiple weight changing race clutch,it can be adjusted to engange at certain rpm's and there is another rusted looking one,just a regular ol clutch for our ridin around. Enjoi!

Attachments

Isaiah3g

Apr 11, 2011
Monroe,La
I have absolutely no idea what its putting out. We plan on getting a reading some way,some how. ??? It is really a kick in the pants to ride! It spools up and yes,puts the boogie down! We used to have a problem with it spooling up and blowing the fuel away,once the motor was tricked out and another pick up tube in place,its kicks butt man.

Isaiah3g

Apr 11, 2011
Monroe,La
Thanks guys! I freakin love ridin this beast! We have popped and spun a few spokes so we welded those 3 square tubes to the sprocket and then boilted to the aluminuim wheel. Seems to work just fine! PLEASE check out this bikes progress build and then out other bikes at 3G Fabrications | Facebook :-D

Isaiah3g

Apr 11, 2011
Monroe,La
Thanks guys! I will be headed home this weekend,(school is 4 hours north of home) so I will try to get some vids of it rollin. Its scary as heck to ride but way more fun than anything!

brother john

Jun 25, 2011
Indy
that is definitely a work of art man and you can ride it too!... not sure Id want to though...ahhh what the heck skin grows back right?