A Rat named Ward

GoldenMotor.com

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Long ways was the easy way. The side way was the correct way just the longer harder path. Wizzkid is the chief fabricator in the shop. My vision his hand - our work.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I am really appreciating this build. For me, custom fabrication is what this hobby is all about. It's about going beyond the kits, and using one of a kind components that were not necessarily meant for a bike, but customizing them to fit.

I really like the fuel filter placement. The creativity involved in your build is very pleasing to me. Also the vintage frame, tank and other components appeals to me, I like the old stuff.

Thank you very much Lab Rat for sharing this with us,

Gilbert

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Ok how about some lighting...

So what we are coming up with is this. RC NiCad rechargeable system from Radio Shack $34.This fits snugly into the horn tank where the two D batteries did go. Check placement with zip tie.

The LED lights set in the carbide lamp came from a LED lantern sourced at the Dollar store for $3. Wire leads Pig forward for the LED powered carbide lamp. rear for rear LEDs and one for the charger....

Something with the horn to follow. Have to source something epic and loud that 7 volts will power that also fits inside the horn tank out of sight.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
The creativity involved in your build is very pleasing to me. Also the vintage frame, tank and other components appeals to me, I like the old stuff.

Thank you very much Lab Rat for sharing this with us,

Gilbert
Mantra "Dream it Build it Ride it"

Thank you Gbrebes, we strive to build functional pieces of art. Adhering to the three R's. Reuse, Recycle and Repurpose.

It shouldn't need to be ugly to be a Rat.

**No paint or primer was used in this build.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I am really appreciating this build. For me, custom fabrication is what this hobby is all about. It's about going beyond the kits, and using one of a kind components that were not necessarily meant for a bike, but customizing them to fit.

I really like the fuel filter placement. The creativity involved in your build is very pleasing to me. Also the vintage frame, tank and other components appeals to me, I like the old stuff.

I am with Gilbert. One awesome bike that and the twin engine build LOVE it ..........Curt

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Well how about a scenic from yesterday. Because as you see there is not a Carbide light on the front that has been converted to LED. But see next set of photos after this post.

Taking advantage of changing weather patterns I took Ward for a pull around town and down to the water front City Dock.

** 411 Foot note. That cargo ship the back ground is huge. Look it up. Tacoma Washington ships 3X as much as Seattle. T-Town RulZzz!

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Do you see what I see. LED circuit board. Can you say tail light. Oh yes the book rack contains the tail lenses complete with blue jewel! Out with the old school rear battery tray and incandescent lighting.

When the tail light is on.... That blue jewel is really nice to look at..... More to follow...

Note: Li rechargeable battery pack mounted inside horn tank has a lead out for the rear lighting.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Well there is more. See the package sates the side lights are red, white and green. But what we find out is it will light up one each of the said colors.

Mission: Remove white and green LEDs and replace with red.

Red crystals were obtained from a rear bicycle LED display. In the last picture the donation circuit board is seen with its LEDs missing and on the table are the white and green LEDs.

One red LED remaining on the board will be used with one green LED for the side lights on the front carbide lamp. Showing starboard and port.

Last picture as you can see all the lights are red now and light up at the same time.

Success Success the ......... of ...

Attachments