Hog Bike

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks LC! Yeah Mad Max or Steve McQueen jumping a barbed wire fence.

Got the battery monitor. I like the fact the LVC alarm is adjustable, just wished the display wasnt constantly changing. Velcro allows it to go from bike to bike. I really like this bike! Its small(or so it seems), light, is very efficient and rides well.

Finally got a sling that I like that will allow over the shoulder carrying while on the bike as well as gun forward and down with the pad at the neck. Hope to hit the outback this weekend. All is ready.

Attachments

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Final(I think) touches on the H bike. Added sheet metal covers to the vacant bottom bracket. A well calibrated speedo, and a mud board to keep sand from being thrown into the batteries.

Have been experimenting with different cell configurations. Ran a 7s(a 4+3s) which works with the controllers LVC. Its only 29.4v off the charger but worked well. Top speed 16mph and a sweet spot cruise at 12. I got 7.53mi on a charge(5ah) until LVC, but a lot of that was higher amperage slow riding through the rough in the woods. Running an 8s)5ah(33.6voff charge) pack now. It tops at 19mph and cruises nicely at 14 will see how far this one goes.

Attachments

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
So an update on this bike.

This is the most ridden Ebike I have. Its one of those things that just works well. Is a very comfortable ride both on and off road. Spends a lot of time running errands around town. I have also used it as a test bed for battery configurations. I rebuilt the battery tray to hold the 10ah 6s lipos that are used with the carbon framed Ebike Lite bike(another thread).

I like to mix up components. This is running a 9C 36v hub thru a 250w 24v controller. Whats cool with the 24v controller I have two options on how to use the pack. I always over volt. Normal usage has the packs in series for an off charge voltage of 50.4v. This gives a top speed a round 25mph and a 20- 25mi range depending on usage(using a 3.5v/cell cut). Cool thing is with just a swap of the series connector to a parallel The 10ah pack now becomes a 20ah! The bike is of course not as quick top speed is 16 with a nice cruise of 15. I haven't run out the pack completely in this setting yet but the range is gonna be pretty good. What makes this work is the 24v controller. The 6s is 25.2v off charge, a bit lower than the 28+ the controller was designed for(SLA). So I only have a 4.2v drop before the LVC. Doesn't matter it takes forever to get it there. Also the controllers LVC is 21v, exactly the desired 3.5v/cell I favor. This is pretty cool. I have two settings faster and funner or slower and farther.

Attachments