Installed my dual brake lever

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Nice. Really nice. Installed with ease, and actually was very easy to adjust, balance wise - obviously lots of balance to the rear. I highly recommend this outfit:

Bicycle Brake Lever Dual Pull Front Rear Black TP232 - eBay (item 140174175112 end time Mar-28-08 21:18:10 PDT)

Thanks to cruiser!

Also, I'm using my old existing front brake lever (left) as my clutch lever. That is cool - nice big throw. My existing Shimano Exage levers are nice - I hated to give up my right (rear) one, but it's worth it for the dual pull. (but is the shorter aluminum variety). Now for clutch holding I use the cut hunk of inner tube per you guys.

My bike is getting sweeter all the time. I just need this bad boy:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I looked for a dual pull lever and it was like fifty bucks. I like yours if i go for a mt bike next time I'm getting one of those and do what you did with the clutch. Also I'm gonna use a shifter as a throttle. I don't care for the plastic one that comes with the kit. Let's face it how many times am I going to pedal a motor bike. lol I'm lazy my excuse it two heart attacks but I'm really just lazy.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I can't believe how cheap this is when I swear all I saw were like 35 with 15 dollars shipping.... I got to look more careful next time i want something.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i thought it was gonna be a piece of junk when i ordered it. its actually a really nice lever. i know of other people and like me and pablo they are really impressed and happy with em to. here is a picture of it since ebay thing ends but they are always on thier

Attachments

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
HEY!!!
Do these levers have differential rate of throw, as it appears the "upper" cable receives more throw than the "lower"?

I'd love to combine clutch and rear brake to one lever! Using the longer throw for the clutch, and maybe adjust the brake cable looser to allow full clutch release before brake apply.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
HEY!!!
Do these levers have differential rate of throw, as it appears the "upper" cable receives more throw than the "lower"?

I'd love to combine clutch and rear brake to one lever! Using the longer throw for the clutch, and maybe adjust the brake cable looser to allow full clutch release before brake apply.
Yeah they are adjustable but not that much......I certainly wouldn't think this is a great idea....but what are you trying to accomplish? Seems to me, these bikes need ALL the braking possible.

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
Yeah they are adjustable but not that much......I certainly wouldn't think this is a great idea....but what are you trying to accomplish? Seems to me, these bikes need ALL the braking possible.
I already have powerful brakes, and besides, just like in a car, 75% of braking power comes from the front brake. I would love to reduce the levers etc on my handlebar, so thought one lever that at half pull would disengage the clutch for coasting, and further pulling would engage rear brake would be fantastic.