board tracker inspired four stroke build.

GoldenMotor.com

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I finally made the switch to the world of four strokes. I got a 4g tbelt kit with the 4-1 tranny from bicycle-engine. Decent kit, other than the bolts that hold the tranny to the motor were about `1/8 of an inch too long. And the one way bearing in the large pully is a total joke. I got maybe 10 blocks before it grenaded. But that is all welded up now. I went with the Huffy Cranbrook. Flipped the bars and made my own laid back seat post at work. Its made out of 2x1/4 stainless steel flat plate and its 6 inches long. It works like a little leaf spring. And yes, i am running two tensioners, i couldnt get the drive chain length dialed in too well, so im waiting for it to stretch some so i can pull the wheel back and lose the pedal side tensioner. My next plans are to make some ammo can saddle bags and a springer fork for it. And a new exhaust. And a new air filter, it was a bit of a tight squeeze into this frame. I still have the filter element, but not the cover for it, it wouldnt fit lol.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yikes!

u really need brakes!

and while ur welding stuff, why not weld a strut down so u can bolt it to that brake cross-piece in the seatpost stays? the flat bar is gonna bend. it's what flat bars do!

Nashmoto did a very kool sprung seatmount if u can find his pics...

Gosh, I'm jealous!
I'd like to have a 4 cycle motorized bicycle!!!

Best
rc

Man! U really need brakes!

...and I'd get a hub adapter...

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I got a coaster and with the one way bearing welded I got a wicked case of engine braking. And the flat bar bowed down about a half in and is staying still now. And im planning on finding a drum brake front wheel asap. But between the coaster and the engine scrubbing off speed im doing all right in the stopping department. And im with you about the hub adaptor, bike berry has them on sale for 60 bucks with sprocket, so this payday im going to snag one up.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
nice looking bike something i did and alot people do is simply paint the engine cover realy makes the bike look better just clean and rattle can to suit the bike .

you will love ammo can saddle bags i know i love mine. these are the same type i used

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
im taking the shroud off and making a coffee can fly wheelcover. there was a good write up some where on here about it. these motors look soo much better with the shrouds taken off. and im thinking of picking up some 30 or 50 cal ammo cans todday from fleet farm. depends on what they have in stock.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Heres some updates. I got my ammo cans mounted. They are cans for the grenades that get shot out of underslung grenade launchers. Also got my pirate cycle hub adaptor mounted and made a straight pipe exhaust. Today I'm going to put on my mechanical speedo.

These cans are pretty wide but they dont interfere with my pedaling.

i used the frames fender tab to mount the back of the cans. works out awesome

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Yes, the flywheel cover is great! Did it myself with a christmas tin. It had an enamel paint on the sides of it with little holly leaves/berries, so I brought out the Dremel and sanded it off. Gave it a great brushed metal look. Also I cut three upside down "L" slits on top just left of the magneto. After bending them up n out, it blows air towards the cylinder.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I bought the one from SBP, took less than 2 minutes to install. Then drilled out the main jet with a #72 drill bit. Works like a charm with more pull through midrange to top end. :)

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
I got my jet drilled out and made a new air filter. Since I dont like the idea of a motor ingesting oil mist from the breather hose I made a oil catch can to catch the oil mist and keep it from getting all over every thing. I put a catch can on every vehicle i owned to keep them from sucking in oil mist from the PCV. The bottle Im using now will be switched out for a little square alcohol bottle. The ones they sell for a buck or two at gas stations and liquor stores.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Some updates, made a rear stand, got a 100 tooth pully that i had nickel plated, and made a bearing replacement for my stock 80 tooth pully.

The insert is made from 6061-T6 aluminum and is press fit in, i heated the pully with a torch and had the insert in the freezer for an hour, and popped it together with a 20ton press.