Schwinn Swindler Project Update!

GoldenMotor.com

flbikejunkie

Jun 7, 2015
Ft Myers, FL
They are Pyramid MX1000 calipers I bought on Amazon. No adjustments needed. It comes with a short and a long attachment shaft for the front or back. You have to buy 2 if you're doing both. I was going to use the coaster brake in the back but the arm would not fully clear the sprocket adapter and stay lined up with the chain. Probably safer with the calipers.

dob1385

Sep 9, 2015
new mexico
thank you very much that makes things much more simple. I know you have to bend the brake arm on the coaster brake to get it to clear the sprocket. Apparently puting the brake arm in a vice and whacking it with a hammer is the procedure for puting a V bend in it. This doesnt matter for me anyways because I cant get the damn arm off anywas. I like coaster brakes, loved em as a kid, but I can see were they would be lacking on a motorized bike.
S0 I odered two sets of pyramdid calipers with levers,cable and variable atachment parts.I figure down the road I will bye a new falcon cf e10 coaster. Im wondering if I can use one of the black levers that come with the brakes as a clutch lever. I purchased a double brake lever and kill switch all in one attachment and plan on using that for the actall brake levers.
Im fairly anxiety prone and not very mechanicaly inclined so I find great comfort in geting advice from someone who has blased the trail already.

P.S. sorry about the length of my novel

flbikejunkie

Jun 7, 2015
Ft Myers, FL
I used a double brake lever on the right side and the clutch lever that came with the kit on the left side. It's nice to have the lock feature for the clutch which you won't get with a standard brake lever.

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
here is mine.
got some thick slicks on the way.
no riding for me, over a ft of snow and 18*
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: