CDI plug wire

GoldenMotor.com

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
i am on my 3rd CG kit. i like to use my own plug wire. the 1st 2 were screw in type, no problem. this 3rd one that showed up is a glue in. is it glued and screwed ? or just glued ? will i destroy it by attempting to remove the wire ?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It is glued and screwed. You need to be careful and not break the little threaded part inside the base of the plug on the CDI. Take your time and dig around the insulation of the wire and don't get too deep or in a hurry.

If you've replace the wire before then you know to thread the replacement wire onto that threaded part keeping it centered in the wire's conductor. This especially important if you're using resistance wire with a non-metallic core or conductor.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very good choice of wire. It will look good and deliver maximum voltage to the plug. I am not a fan of resistance wire for these little weak ignition systems. It is designed and intended for use with systems that produce much higher voltage than a simple magneto/CDI system like that used on motorized bicycle engines.

Tom