New build! Electric Jubilee!

GoldenMotor.com

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Hey Kev, good looking build. I have been thinking that I might try a pedal assist build at some point.

Did you end up using that extra front hub motor?

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I'm still not done with this bike but I am too busy with work right now to have time to mess with it! But its coming along nicely. I may ditch the basket and fenders in favor of fatter tires latter down the line. I actually have a pair of kenda 26x3 tires that are like new sitting in my closet. To bad they wont fit they are just a little TOO fat for most frames and forks. Some day

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I have logged 450 miles so far. Took a nice 20 mile ride this morning to wally world and picked up a new air pump. It mounts on the waterbottle boss. What makes this one different from the other 2 I have is it screws onto the valve stem and one side fits shrader valves the other fits presta valves Plus it has a built in pressure dial. Those other two I have have a lever and just don't want to fit onto the valve stem for anything. I have three pumps like that I might as well throw them in the trash.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Great looking build! Like the fenders. I have had the same problem with pumps. Finally just got an old school frame pump. I will say that with the ill fitting lever type you can pump up a tire in the middle of nowhere even with it leaking, just have to pump fast. Funny I have a set of Hookworms in the closet that have yet to fit anything I have built to date, maybe one day!

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Yeah I like the looks of the hookworms I'd like to get some. 607 miles so far. Still working great. I like this kit a lot. Its very quite and the lcd display is great.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Looking good! Is monster paying you for that advertisement space? ;) And where are the Motorbicicling.com stickers?!
Is there a big difference between handlng on the front hub vs the rear?

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
nope. That's just my bike, dude. I ride it to work and the store and stuff. I'm just a regular guy not a pro but thanks.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
1545 miles. After 2 years it is starting to show a little wear. Still in pretty good shape though. Still works good. Hoping I can get another year out of the battery.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
1745 miles. Put on new tires. 26x2.4 sunlite psyclops. The brakes are getting pretty wore out. I ordered some new cables and pads. The tire changing went a lot smoother than last time. I also changed the handlebars. And Paul sent me some more stickers too.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
cleaned it up some and trued the back wheel. Cant find those stickers now misplaced them. had to ditch the front fender the tires too big.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I finally got around to putting orange Sun tires on. I still ride this bike everyday and the original motor and battery pack still works. I can hardly believe it.( probably just jinxed myself)

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Thanks, I like them. Several people have told me they were too "loud" . And they should know because they are two of the biggest loudmouths I ever met. One of them has a 130 dollar mtb from academy that's " a $2000 bike" and the other rides a $600 ancheer ebike from amazon that will do "45mph in pedal assist".

Last edited:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Nice ride, I like where you mounted the battery also. That got me thinking on how easy one could make a board track look with a couple of thin plastic panels to hide the battery and controller and nearly all the wires. Hmmmm.
Yesterday was really the first nice day up here in Minnesota and I finally got to ride my new front geared hub E bike in the warmth of a 71 degree day. Me and my daughter went on 3 long trips on our e bikes on great stretches of bike paths. Wow so quiet and smooth. I'm pretty hooked now and am building 3 more for friends and family. Nice to be able to ride on those nice smooth paths. Still love gas, but a guy needs one of each.

Last edited: