RSE reed valve info.

GoldenMotor.com

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
Now the post for the RSE reed valve is about 3 years old. I know you need to cut open your piston some but what I want to know is this...will opening the piston AND a boost port on the cylinder increase MORE power? or would it be a waste of time? I'm new to the world of high performance engines.

Thanks for all your help.

zpt

Neptunati

Jun 11, 2009
Kansas city
I have the same setup 2 actually mine is a different manufacturer for the Reed valve. I'm wondering the same thing that's all my setup is missing is the window cut into the Piston so do I need it?

exokinetic

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Forest, CA
The window in the piston is the most important part, if there was not window in the piston, there is no way for the intake charge in the crankcase to get to the "boost port" cut into the cylinder. Unless the boost port is cut all the way from the bottom of the cylinder, up through the bottom of the intake port, then out the top.

Even still, you will have better flow numbers with the window in the piston.

To sum it up: They both add a benefit. A reed valve conversion without either of them is pretty useless. If the "boost port" cut into the cylinder is done in a specific way it will provide its benefit without the need for the window (although it will work better with the window). If you just do the window in the piston (depending on the size and shape of the window) you will definitely see a performance gain with the reed valve conversion.

Reed Valve conversion without Piston Window or Boost Port = Meh

Reed Valve conversion with Piston Window and no Boost Port = Improved low end power, possible loss in top end (depending on window size/shape)

Reed valve conversion with Piston Window and Boost Port = Even more improved low end power, with more top end power too.

If you have any other question don't hesitate to PM me.

Sean Davis
Apollo Moto Racing
https://www.facebook.com/ApolloMotoRacing/

exokinetic

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Forest, CA
We are not yet "officially" selling parts. Though we are open to doing work for interested customers.

We are working very hard to build up our retail capability, but until we get there, you can contact me at [email protected] if you are interested in anything I do.