just got a 19" GT LTS frame off ebay. will a motor fit on this? minimum dimensions?

GoldenMotor.com

motorbike57

Sep 30, 2015
louisiana
I hope I didn't just waste $250. I got this frame off of ebay to build a full suspension bike, but I'm not sure if a motor will fit on it or not. I'm able to fabricate just about anything I need, so I could probably modify the stock motor mounts to fit.

does anyone know if a motor will fit on this ? Does anyone know the "minimum" dimensions to fit a standard china girl motor ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231711649713

cheers

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
Re: just got a 19" GT LTS frame off ebay. will a motor fit on this? minimum dimensio

i think thats the frame that wild bill used on his ktm racer.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Re: just got a 19" GT LTS frame off ebay. will a motor fit on this? minimum dimensio

Excellent choice! The GT LTS is one of the best full suspension bikes for frame mounting a China girl engine. Its also a great mountain bike if you decide not to motorize it. Search this site for LTS and you will see other examples.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

It's aa good frame. This was one first builds before I turned it back into a regular bike.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

It's aa good frame. This was one first builds before I turned it back into a regular bike.
Easy Rider was ahead of his time....that Morini engine in the LTS is a far cry away from a china gurl!

That was a very nice build there Ken!

As a note.....Ex-BMX champ Mike King ruled the downhill racing in mountain bike racing on a factory LTS. It's a very worthy frame indeed!

motorbike57

Sep 30, 2015
louisiana

well, I just hope a motor will fit in that triangle !!! i guess it's just a crap shoot and i'll find out when I get it in the mail. if it don't fit, it'll go back on ebay.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

It should fit because my bike is also a 19 inch frame.

motorbike57

Sep 30, 2015
louisiana

well, from the picture shown in the ebay ad, the frame measures 19" from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube (where the seat post goes in). Are these dimensions the same on your bike, Easy Rider ???

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Here's a few pics of my bike. The length from the sprocket to the top tube is roughly 15".
Also this rear shock makes a huge difference compared to the stock spring shock. It has both a good rebound and compression.
I love this bike but it's been in the shed for over a year now so I'm considering selling it over the summer of 2016 if my son doesn't want it for college.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.

It will fit, I have built 2 of them, one with a china girl and the other a KTM, both with shift kits. I have read you can get a china girl into as small as a 17" GT LTS but I don't know that for sure both mine are 20".