Full suspension GT LTS motorized bike!

GoldenMotor.com

ebay007

Jan 19, 2015
Earth
Hello everyone!
I wanted to share with you a video of my 1996 GT LTS 66cc build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZUewWXoxno

While it's my first post, I did read a lot of the great info written here on the forum which really helped me with this build. (^)

So the frame is a 1996 GT LTS I bought from ebay, the engine is pretty much stock though I did change the wrist pin to a lighter one for less vibrations. beside that it has an NGK iridium spark plug, stock NT carb with 3D printed air filter mounting, stock pipe and stock CDI.

I'ts got the awesome Sick Bike Parts HD shift kit.
Didn't do too much to it besides building a chain tensioner for each side and swapping the jackshaft sprocket set screws with real screws that would actually hold.

Other custom parts include:
Dual brake lever (because two brake levers are too much to mess with with the gear shifting and such)
Rear mounted fuel tank so that the top tube would be free, and so that I would have more weight in the rear.
A choke controlled from the handlebars so I wont need to start looking for it while riding.
and the 3D printed air filter and chain tensiners I mentioned earlier.

So over all its a great fun bike to ride on and off road. (p)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That looks like fun, well if I were younger. I'd probably bust a kidney or something. I sold my last dirt bike (KLX300) 3 years ago because my mind wanted to try more than my old body could do. Keep the videos coming.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Cool video! Makes me want to bring my old LTS back to life. Those rear Reese Racing shocks are a big improvement but pricey. I think I paid over $200 for mine.