Has anybody tried using these cells?

GoldenMotor.com

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
anybody out there? Could you connect about 26 of these 13s2p for a 48v10ah pack? Are these no good? Flash light only? fire bomb? Would they put out 500w? Blow up? Is that electric glue stuff any good? I wonder

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Okay let me tell you how I built my nimh battery pack that worked but wouldn't put out enough energy, because it was a 1 to 1 output. In other words a 10 ah hour pack only put out 10 amps max. I need 25 amps but here is how I connected them and they worked.

I got some heavy duty alum foil reynold turkey roaster. I took two of the batteries put them side by side but one pos up and the other negative up. Used tape to hoild them together, then I put the foil over one end. That double the voltage. Then I added another battery to the string and put foil to connect it in series. When I had a string of 12 volts I put it aside and started another. I just made enough strings to make a battery pack the right size. Problem was I didn't know anything about c rating of batteries. The bike packs are like c2 at least which means a 15ah pack will put out a max of 30 amps if my research is correct You probably need to find out the current output of those cells.

Then there is the BMS circuit. Without one of those your batteries might malfunction causing one to charge faster than the others doing god only know what damage. I hope some battery man can explain this better. This is all i know

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Yeah I have seen what looks like aluminum foil strips used to connect them but wasn't sure if that was what it was. I wasn't sure if aluminum was conductive or it had to be tin or copper or what. These cells have a bms built into each one which makes me wonder if they would work all hooked together in series like that or would it shut them off? I can get a 13 series bms for about 40-50 bucks. Most cells are a lot more expensive than these so even if they are 1c if it works at all that's not bad. For a 250-500 watt motor